Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sent - to the wrong person...

Have you ever sent correspondence such as letters, e-mails, text messages, and PMs to the wrong person before?

Answering my own question, countless times. I haven't cocked up with the email system yet, (astonishingly) but I've repeatedly sent text meesages and PMs to the wrong people. For instance, I sometimes sent texts that were meant for Lisa (not on this site) have sometimes accidentally arrived on girl_gunner's mobile. :blush:

And I still remember the occasion I sent a PM that was meant for Zella to Mazza. I'm not sure how I got mixed up. I think I'd prepared two messages, one for each and copied the wrong one into the PM box. As a result, Mazza sends me a message a few minutes later asking what's going on. I could have died of embarrassment! :o

Over to you then... what have you sent to the wrong recipients? :p
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes, i have sent tonnes of wrong texts and it's landed me in deep water before
    I sent my ex a text meant for someone else once. It said "I hate this, he knows something's wrong", 'cause I'd broken up with him, got back together with him, and then realised it wasn't gonna work. I went upstairs, sent text, went to toilet, came back downstairs, he showed me his phone, I ran upstairs again. Aaaaaaaah that was fun.

I generally tend to send stuff to people's home phones instead of their mobiles though. They always text me going "yer, you just sent that to my house". Heh oops.
    Just texts.

Never got me in trouble though.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I was having a row with an ex, and i decided to text his best mate to moan on at him, and i got a reply from my ex, as i had sent the message to him! and shall we just say after i was given a lot of abuse, it took a while to get back on track! haha! that'll teach me to text boyfriends mates! :lol:
    I do that with texts, I sent one to friend A bitching about friend B's weird husband.

Except I sent it to friend B. I quickly followed it up with another text to her saying how sorry I felt for her for him treating her crap, blah blah blah, although I made it sound like it was meant for friend A again.

I also sent a naughty one to my Mum once :o
    Only been text messages i've sent to the wrong people, nothing major though.

It's a disaster waiting to happen i'm telling ya.
    I also sent a naughty one to my Mum once :o
    oh my god! i'd die of embarrassment, what did she say?
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    oh my god! i'd die of embarrassment, what did she say?
    I was at her house when I sent it and she said "oh I've just got a text from you".

Que me flying to her side, she only read up until the "just you wait til I get you home" bit before I swiped it out her hand and deleted it :blush:
    I was at her house when I sent it and she said "oh I've just got a text from you".

Que me flying to her side, she only read up until the "just you wait til I get you home" bit before I swiped it out her hand and deleted it :blush:
    :lol:

Bless :p.

Did she not ask why you'd deleted it :p?
    It happens, generally it's nothing bad though.
    Franki wrote:
    :lol:

Bless :p.

Did she not ask why you'd deleted it :p?
    I bluffed and said something like it was meant for my sister talking about my Mums birthday, she believed me even though it was just after New Year and her birthday isnt til March!
    I've done it loads, recent one was a message saying something like " person A told person B that me and you are seeing each other" in which I sent to person B. Oops big trouble I was in.
    No, never sent anything to the wrong person. I wouldn't like it happening to me though.
    I bluffed and said something like it was meant for my sister talking about my Mums birthday, she believed me even though it was just after New Year and her birthday isnt til March!
    you lucky lucky cow!! haha! :D
    Sent a PM to thw wrong person, When the person received it, he gave me a very strange look...
    Rich-E wrote:
    It's a disaster waiting to happen i'm telling ya.

exactly
    i do it all the time, mainly with texts or on msn. Hasnt got me into too much trouble yet :)
    My friend had a bit of an ur... "accident" in the bedroom- too much blood went to his penis and the pressure tore a vein so his knob was fairly damaged as a result (there was lots of blood everywhere though and the guy he was in bed with at the time completely freaked out but then got his camera out and started taking photographs! Incase anyone cares though he is ok now and can have sex again)

Anyway, shortly after he told me about the incident I decided that it would be a good idea to text a summary of the incident to all our friends.... I got a bit enthusiastic though and sent it to him as well and he was like WTF?! But he saw the funny side because he loves me really :thumb:
    All the time, usually just texts to the wrong people but that never matters. It gets ackward when I email my boss (female) so sexy man, what do you want for dinner? or something equally lame.
    my_name wrote:
    All the time, usually just texts to the wrong people but that never matters. It gets ackward when I email my boss (female) so sexy man, what do you want for dinner? or something equally lame.
    It would be worse if the boss was male and thought you were coming on to him...
    Randomgirl wrote:
    It would be worse if the boss was male and thought you were coming on to him...

that would be ackward, like take a week vacation ackward :p

I once emailed my dad he was hot too by accident.
    me and my ex used to send each other love letters and cards every so often whilst i was away at uni.
    one day i wrote a very personal card to him and drew a pic of him with arrows pointing to bits i love (including his willy). but i never wrote his name on the envelope, just the address and his mum read it :blush: embarrassing!!

i've sent naughty texts to an ex by accident meant for another guy. it really upset him :(
    I was being broke up with over MSN (yes... he didn't have the guts to even do it over the phone) and I went to copy and paste the "I don't think it's working speech" into my convo screen with my best mate. I even added "Can you fucking believe him?!" before looking at the screen and realising I'd sent it to the fit lad at work because their screen names both started with a "<"!

Luckily, I got consoled and looked after by him rather than laughed at, and the next day he actually phoned me from college to check on me :D Three days later he asks me to the cinema and 18 months later we're still together :D So I guess it worked out well.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I was being broke up with over MSN (yes... he didn't have the guts to even do it over the phone) and I went to copy and paste the "I don't think it's working speech" into my convo screen with my best mate. I even added "Can you fucking believe him?!" before looking at the screen and realising I'd sent it to the fit lad at work because their screen names both started with a "<"!

Luckily, I got consoled and looked after by him rather than laughed at, and the next day he actually phoned me from college to check on me :D Three days later he asks me to the cinema and 18 months later we're still together :D So I guess it worked out well.
    That's a beautiful tale of true romance... :heart:
    I've sent texts to the wrong people before, can be embarressing like. Never sent an email or pm to the wrong person though, only because i'm so bloody careful so as not to let it happen in the first place !
    Randomgirl wrote:
    That's a beautiful tale of true romance... :heart:

Yeah, he was cute back then :yes:

He's attempting to be cute tonight... has actually OFFERED to watch Bewitched with me since his mums bought the DVD! I'm sure I'll pay for it some how....
    nicx1811 wrote:

He's attempting to be cute tonight... has actually OFFERED to watch Bewitched with me since his mums bought the DVD! I'm sure I'll pay for it some how....
    oooh ooh oooh you will have to tell me what its like!
    nicx1811 wrote:

See, le bloke wants to buy it so that I can watch it, 'cause I've not seen it.

This worries me a bit :p.
    I sent an email at work to a bloke called Stephen, with odd photos of me, instead of a Stephen in my work's team. Dagnabbit. It happens all the time, apparently. With people sending stuff to the wrong Stephen, innit.
    my housemate once came into the house and saw me on the sofa cuddled up with someone, two minutes later the housemate sent a message to me instead of her boyfriend (by accident), saying "gareth has got a sexy lady on the sofa"