Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Am I being over the top Paranoid?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sugar wrote:
    i think liking the look of someone and saying you fancy someone you're in regular contact and flirt with are 2 totally different things.

I don't think they are really.

Most people get tempted at least once in their life I reckon.

The fact he's said what's going on, instead of just going to "his mate's" a lot, says something I think.
    and the fact he took her number i think is totally out of order, he has no need to keep in contact with a girl he's only just met and clearly likes!

Perhaps he doesn't, but I don't think there's anything too bad about it. The OP has said the texts are just friendly, its only when he drinks he acts the twat.

In vino veritas and all that, but still. I don't think there's any need to go off on one, just make the ground rules quite clear. I don't even think banning him from seeing her is a good idea, all it does is create the ideal situation for lying and hiding something that is much better off in the open.

Once he realises he won't get his threesome I think he'll get bored. And if he doesn't then, well, he wasn't yours to begin with.

It doesn't make him a twat though.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't even think banning him from seeing her is a good idea, all it does is create the ideal situation for lying and hiding something that is much better off in the open.

true but that's when you find out if he's really worth keeping.. If she truely means something to him, he wont go behind her back and do that.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    true but that's when you find out if he's really worth keeping.. If she truely means something to him, he wont go behind her back and do that.

I don't think that issuing ultimatums or banning people from seeing people does anything except create mistrust and resentment.

Treat him like a big boy and let him make his own decision. Lay down the law, but don't ban him from seeing anyone. All it'd do is make him lie about it. There's no need to bring pointless lies into a relationship.

You can't force someone to stay with you. But you can lay down the law, and make it quite clear that you won't be around to put up with bollocks.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't think that issuing ultimatums or banning people from seeing people does anything except create mistrust and resentment.

Treat him like a big boy and let him make his own decision. Lay down the law, but don't ban him from seeing anyone. All it'd do is make him lie about it. There's no need to bring pointless lies into a relationship.

You can't force someone to stay with you. But you can lay down the law, and make it quite clear that you won't be around to put up with bollocks.

can you honestly say that you'd have no problem if your other half met a stranger at a party and swapped numbers with him?

ps i quoted the wrong post but cant be bothered changing it :)
  • Options
    Sugar wrote:
    can you honestly say that you'd have no problem if your other half met a stranger at a party and swapped numbers with him?

It's happened before.

I'd have a problem if she was saying she fancied him, and wanted a threesome. But I'm not daft enough to think that banning her from seeing him would suddenly solve it.

If our lass banned me from seeing someone I was or wanted to be mates with, I'd certainly not be happy about it.

To tell the truth, I think he's just got a bit of an itch, and reckons a threesome was on. It happens. He'll get over it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

I see your point. Telling him to stop may push him into her arms but I know I'd hate for them to continue knowing he fancies her. Ideally I'd want my man to say he will stop without being asked and to stick to it.
    I did say ideally!
  • Options
    I spoke to him on friday, telling him I thought it was unfair him texting someone he likes when hes with me, and he said hed rather have me and be happy than stay texting her and stuff, so hes stopped texting and i doubt shell be getting invited out again. It turns out all my other friends had noticed what she was like with him, and shes flashed her chest at another mates bf before!
  • Options
    unfortunatly youre always gonna get some girls who do this, and its a way of getting one over on other women - makes them feel better if they can tempt someone elses man away, or at least think they could get him if they wanted him. She probably doesnt even want him apart from the fact hes a challenge cos hes yours.
  • Options
    unfortunatly youre always gonna get some girls who do this, and its a way of getting one over on other women - makes them feel better if they can tempt someone elses man away, or at least think they could get him if they wanted him. She probably doesnt even want him apart from the fact hes a challenge cos hes yours.
    yep.....I know girls like this
  • Options
    if someone was all over my bird like that i'd probably go over and deck them ..
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    yep.....I know girls like this

so do i unfortunately.. i had a so called "best friend" like this... needless to say, after i discovered what she was up to the friendship was over.
    i think it's worse when its a supposable "friend" than a girl out of nowhere
  • Options
    MzInnocent wrote:
    so do i unfortunately.. i had a so called "best friend" like this... needless to say, after i discovered what she was up to the friendship was over.
    i think it's worse when its a supposable "friend" than a girl out of nowhere
    my friend Kel has had friends like this, now no one ever meets her bf
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:
    my friend Kel has had friends like this, now no one ever meets her bf

i was like this for a while after what happened but then realised all my other friends are trustworthy and would never do something like that, it was just her.. sounds like ur friend needs to get rid those so called friends from her life!
  • Options
    MzInnocent wrote:
    i was like this for a while after what happened but then realised all my other friends are trustworthy and would never do something like that, it was just her.. sounds like ur friend needs to get rid those so called friends from her life!
    she has done she's just over cautios now and she doesnt trust men 100% completely, she tells all her bfs from the start that they have to accept she's like it or they can jog