Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

University entrance tests

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Basically I really want to do go to uni to study computing i would have to start at foundation before i can move up to a degree. The things is I am 23 and I don't have the entry requirements to get in the only way is to do their
Entrance test can any1 enlighten me as to what level they are at I mean should I get the math book out+

somebody told me u need to have studied for
one year be4 u apply something todo with unis want to see that your prepared
for the study
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    You could ask the admission tutor for the course, they would probably know best.
  • Options
    Each course for each uni will have different requirements. They sometimes list matre entry routes on the website with the course details. The mature students I know have had to do a variety of different things to get in without the required A levels including: writing an essay, attending and passing one module, submitting a portfolio, written evidenc from employer that work experience covers similar ground to degree, an dof course there's the dreaded exam. But, I don't know anyone personally who had to do an exam or take a foundation degree- most had to submit an essay. Good luck.