Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Lotto Euro Millions

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think there’s a limit to the amount of times that it can roll over because someone would be able to make a profit by purchasing every single possible combination to get the jackpot prize.

The reason that this doesn't happen is because there are so many different combinations, and you can't be certain of being the only winner.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    All gamblings winning are tax-free in this country. Because there is no way that the goverment could enforce it, (as I learnt at college this week).

:yes:

But you pay tax on the interest. And you would get shit loads of interest.

If I won I would make all my family multi-millionaires, give lots of money to charity, buy a really swish house and then go abroad for a little bit. Get the initial thrill out of the system.

I would also carry on with my studying because I think that although I would have so much money I would get bored and really enjoy what I am doing.

The boy wants to go into property developing too.
    Kentish wrote:
    Takes all sorts.

Well then I'd get the extra £20k (ala brewsters millions) and the stocks I could sell to get the money back! Then I could spend £40k at my leisure.
  • KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    The Times says odds are as follows:

Drown in the bath: 10,582 to 1

Become a saint: 20,000 to 1

Be killed by lightning: 56,439 to 1

Be eaten by a great white shark: 3,700,000 to 1

Win the Euromillions Jackpot: 76,000,000 to 1

I guess I'd rather risk £1.50 on the lottery than dipping my foot into an enormous aquarium full of great white sharks, mind.
    Kimono wrote:

I guess I'd rather risk £1.50 on the lottery than dipping my foot into an enormous aquarium full of great white sharks, mind.

Quite right!! :D
    Kimono wrote:
    The Times says odds are as follows:

Drown in the bath: 10,582 to 1

Become a saint: 20,000 to 1

Be killed by lightning: 56,439 to 1

Be eaten by a great white shark: 3,700,000 to 1

Win the Euromillions Jackpot: 76,000,000 to 1

There's statistics, and then there's statistics. Mind you everyone, there are ways to win jackpots for free, with much better odds than the national lottery. The lottery is effectively a tax - the mjaority of the money goes to charity and/or administration costs, and an amount is given out.

http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm

- All you need is a computer, the odds are a lot better than the lottery, too. "Your chance of success is roughly 1 in 250,000". Obviously, the more powerful your PC, the more prime numbers it can test, so your chance of winning goes up.
    Anyone win anything?

Three winners shared the jackpot - none from Britain.

I had a number and a lucky star...
    I won nothing, was 1 number off £7.40.
    I had 1 star...that's it...
    3 numbers and 1 star for me.
    Won £7.40 for 3rd week in a row! Not the most fabulous winning streak in history but at least it buys me a bottle of vino for tonight :D
    Kimono wrote:
    Won £7.40 for 3rd week in a row! Not the most fabulous winning streak in history but at least it buys me a bottle of vino for tonight :D

Your avatar fucking rocks mate :D :thumb:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I got 3 normal numbers and 1 lucky star number. What do I win?
    Weekender Offender 
    icey wrote:
    Your avatar fucking rocks mate :D :thumb:

why thank you :D

I just went to collect my grand winnings and apparently my 1 number and 2 lucky stars got me £8.90!

Skive, according to the back of the ticket (the one you write the numbers on, not the receipt thing) you've won about £20. Not bad at all!
    Skive wrote:
    I got 3 normal numbers and 1 lucky star number. What do I win?

£21.80 :thumb:
    Panthro wrote:
    £21.80 :thumb:

Cheers. Bastard thing is that I'm part of a syndicate. Shared between 20 still leaves me down 48p. :(
    Weekender Offender 
    Who has the ticket and do they know the numbers....

If you catch my drift....
    Panthro wrote:
    Who has the ticket and do they know the numbers....

If you catch my drift....

Yeah eveybody has photocopies. :(
    Weekender Offender 
    Put the money on another draw then, surely you won't get the syndicate battering down your door for 48p?
    Panthro wrote:
    Put the money on another draw then

That's what will happen.
    Weekender Offender 
    I won £7 woo ;D

well better than nothing i say :p i've not won anything for about 7 months so was starting to think i'd lost my luck.
    Fraid not chikadee.

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/results/prizes/prizeAction.do

I was shocked when i found out i had actually won something, theres more combinations than the national lottery so i suppose you have more of a chance, but then the tickets are more expensive to start off with.
    I gamble quite a lot but I wouldn't do the EuroMillions because you have a very slim chance of winning it.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    beans wrote:
    I won £7 woo ;D

well better than nothing i say :p i've not won anything for about 7 months so was starting to think i'd lost my luck.

Pass the luck to me, please.

I haven't won anything since I started playing years ago. If I had just saved a pound each week then I would be far better off :yeees:
    Pass the luck to me, please.

I haven't won anything since I started playing years ago. If I had just saved a pound each week then I would be far better off :yeees:

Okeee *sends good luck vibes* If you want to be lucky, i won 3 grand last year on wednesday the 23rd, this year it's wednesday the 22nd i think sooo what you have to do is go get a lucky dip ticket from Tesco, forget about it and then remember to check it at night after desperate houswewives, et voila and see if that works, ;D