Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Alcohol!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its the most addictive one in my opinion and I've tried them all !
Its the catalyst.
Mr roll, what are your thoughts? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought nicotine was more addictive...
    Depends on what you mean by addictive but yes alcohol certainly can be one of the most addictive and even fatal for long term users who come off it.
    Its the catalyst.
    nicotine ...i need it not only every day but up to thirty shots a day!
    can go without booze and drugs no problem but ...nicotine ...i'm a slave.
    and it's deadly.
    and it's anti social.

booze ...great drug ...once you finaly learn how to fly the thing.
    nicotine ...i need it not only every day but up to thirty shots a day!
    can go without booze and drugs no problem but ...nicotine ...i'm a slave.
    and it's deadly.
    and it's anti social.

booze ...great drug ...once you finaly learn how to fly the thing.

I got to agree there...

I have tried to give up smoking many times and never got there...

In the end I gave up giving up! :thumb:
    Is it possible that some people just don't become addicted to nicotine? Like I always thought I was, smoked a pack a day. No reason, I just did. But then one day I just stopped. Every once in a while, about a month later I'd feel like one, but never had one and never really felt a need.
    my_name wrote:
    Is it possible that some people just don't become addicted to nicotine? Like I always thought I was, smoked a pack a day. No reason, I just did. But then one day I just stopped. Every once in a while, about a month later I'd feel like one, but never had one and never really felt a need.

i have that too, i go through tins (one tin = 34.02 grams) of smokeless in like 3 days on average.. I've gone through 10 tins in a 2 weeks.. but i've never had a problem had coming off it. It's really good haha.
    bastards!
    i have that too, i go through tins (one tin = 34.02 grams) of smokeless in like 3 days on average.. I've gone through 10 tins in a 2 weeks.. but i've never had a problem had coming off it. It's really good haha.

Lucky you. I know a lot of people ( including my dad) that have been off it for a long time and suddenly go back into. im thinking mainly because of stress.
    I sometimes wonder if I was ever even addicted to it as I came of it so easily. I mean I caertinaly smoke 10+ cigarettes a day for over a year but it was quite easy for me to quite normally, being pissed is my vice as I feel the need to smoke then.
    turlough wrote:
    I sometimes wonder if I was ever even addicted to it as I came of it so easily. I mean I caertinaly smoke 10+ cigarettes a day for over a year but it was quite easy for me to quite normally, being pissed is my vice as I feel the need to smoke then.

That makes me feel better. ONly twice that for wtice as long, but theres still somebody that quite as easlity.
    Nicotine too...

Never was into alcohol too much...

Also stopping Ketamine was not easy...

Even still think of it sometimes...
    They're both addictive in a chemical sense, and the bad thing is that they are both often associated with a certain lifestyle. For instance, you keep smoking because your husband/wife does. That makes it even harder to kick the habit. (I know, my mother is still smoking after her brain haemorrage...grr)
    I think one main problem people have with kicking things especially nicotine is they associate it with a feeling of comfort and sometimes stress relief. Just like most people trying to quit smoking have the most desire to smoke when they are under large amounts of stress.
    Lucky you. I know a lot of people ( including my dad) that have been off it for a long time and suddenly go back into. im thinking mainly because of stress.

I'm thinking it's mainly because it's TOTALLY BADASS! :love:
    Yeah we all used to think that at school when we were 12...
    Yeah we all used to think that at school when we were 12...
    I've always thought tobacco was retarded, cigarettes don't do anything for me at all, but dip.. it's a much more legit high than most people think
    I think one main problem people have with kicking things especially nicotine is they associate it with a feeling of comfort and sometimes stress relief. Just like most people trying to quit smoking have the most desire to smoke when they are under large amounts of stress.
    That's similair with all drugs, it's ironic because quiting causes stress, it's a vicious circle.
    im the only one out of all of my mates that doesn't smoke

i smoke a few joints most days and plenty of joints at the weekends, each joint has at least half a cigarette in it

majority of my mates started smoking due to smoking joints, luckily it didnt happen to me :)
    Like alot of people said, the majority of people smoke cigarettes in my group of friends. One other friend and i are the only ones that dont. I guess i choose to smoke something else ocassionally but we that smoke other things are in the select few in our group, but basically everyone drinks every now and then.
    I'm thinking it's mainly because it's TOTALLY BADASS! :love:

I found the sarcasm in that post to be disturbingly funny for some reason. You're a natural comic...
    Its the catalyst.
    You've made 28 posts since 2002? Now that's impressive.
    Randomgirl wrote:
    You've made 28 posts since 2002? Now that's impressive.

Yeah very true.....LOL. back on topic i agree that alcohol is a big addiction just look at all of the college age people that are binge drinkers and are future liver transplant patients.
    i think its a lot more damaging than other drugs too. when i attempted to stop doing pills i replaced it with lots of alcohol, felt a lot worse.
    Jonny8888 wrote:
    i think its a lot more damaging than other drugs too. when i attempted to stop doing pills i replaced it with lots of alcohol, felt a lot worse.

Yeah, and I'm sure your liver is just loving you......
    I can quite easily go a month without touching a drop of alcohol but when I drink I very very rarely have just one, it will be a whole night drinking spirits.
    I worked out that I drank about 100 units in 3 days of drinking last week..when I drink...I drink a lot. :D
    you'd be a grand drinking partner!
    i managed to stop smoking dope,but the beer and the fags will be the death of me i think.
    Totally agree that alcohol is one of the most addictive, i've seen people die and people in my family who are slowly killing themselves with it.

Nictoine's another one i tell you that.