Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

E + Booze = ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry but some people come on here and say things but they don't go about it in the same way and therefore get some respect.

Right. Firstly she starts by posting some stuff not at all relevant to the thread. The original poster was looking for some valuable advice and she offers nothing but unsubstantiated condemnation for his activities rounded of with an unneccessary sarcy comment.

She then refers to ecstacy users as idiots and says we lead boring lives because we experiment with drugs. Again - unsubstantiated comdemnation. At this point you realise she's probably not willing to take on our views when she makes sweeping generalisations like that.

She then claims that it's *fact* that people shouldn't take unneccessary risks. That's fact apparently, not her *opinion*.

I totally agree that Johnny8888 was out of order saying to 'go and die' obviously. That was uncalled for.
  • Options
    I'm not going to defend her tone, she was sarcastic and voiced opinions as though they were fact.

But thats not the point, just because she was rude doesnt mean we have to be so blunt and rude back.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    She then refers to ecstacy users as idiots and says we lead boring lives because we experiment with drugs. Again - unsubstantiated comdemnation. At this point you realise she's probably not willing to take on our views when she makes sweeping generalisations like that.

She then claims that it's *fact* that people shouldn't take unneccessary risks. That's fact apparently, not her *opinion*.

But she didnt really say that, she said you can die from taking it, that is a fact.

She didnt call anyone an idiot.

And she said it was her opinion that taking MDMA was an unneccessary risk.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    But she didnt really say that, she said you can die from taking it, that is a fact.

She didnt call anyone an idiot.

And she said it was her opinion that taking MDMA was an unneccessary risk.

I was more annoyed by her sarcy tone, telling the original poster to 'get his priorities right'. And yes it's true ecstacy can kill, but that had nothing to do with the thread, therefore was an unneccessary comment.

And she was saying people shouldn't take unneccessary risks. She said it was a fact when I said it was shit.
  • Options
    Yes, but that's not the point. That's a necessary item in society. But why take unnecessary risks by taking a tiny tablet and then it killing you?

If you don't see my point, then fine, I just don't see why you should all gang up against me for having a different opinion.

This is as close as she got to saying people shouldn't take unneccassary risks.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    I'm not ganging up on you.

But when you come on here spouting shit telling someone they shouldn't do something because of some risks then you'll get a response. Stop acting the victim - we're allowed to question your opinion.

It's not shit, it's a fact,

I was referring to this actually.

Anyway, fuck it, she was sarcastic and made offensive generalisations in my opinion, rather like a troll. Sometimes it's easier to deal with people like that bluntly.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    But thats not the point, just because she was rude doesnt mean we have to be so blunt and rude back.

Exaclty. Don't just say that's she's wrong, take time to proove it. It'd be nice if we had debates with non drug users in here. Unfortunately I think they're scared.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think her reply there is to the fact that you could die, not to the 'fact' that people shouldnt take unneccassary risks.
  • Options
    Ah well, the troll seems to have been slain. So let's have a beer, it's friday :D
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    addicted7 wrote:
    I was referring to this actually.

Anyway, fuck it, she was sarcastic and made offensive generalisations in my opinion, rather like a troll. Sometimes it's easier to deal with people like that bluntly.

Perhaps you might think about why you are taking this as a personal attack on your opinions and values.
  • Options
    It would be nice to have debates if the non-drug users actually backed up their points and weren't unneccessarily sarcastic or made offensive generalisations. That's just asking for a reaction. Don't feed the trolls.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Perhaps you might think about why you are taking this as a personal attack on your opinions and values.

I take offence when people infer that I must be boring if I use drugs.

I take offence when people infer that someone is an idiot for using ecstacy.

That's just provoking reaction IMO.