Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting tested

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just because you've been 'fingered' doesn't necessarily mean your hymen is broken.

How come not? How is stuff going to get up there if there's a hymen in the way? That's not meant to sound rude by the way, I'm just curious about what you think.
    and there's obviously a reason why it 'hurts like f*ck'.

Yep, it's called vaginismus. It just seemed to me like Zella's friend was making too big a deal about keeping her hymen intact when there's no evidence to prove that it isn't broken already. So I thought I'd point out that not just an intact hymen can make it hurt down there.
    wildchild wrote:
    How come not? How is stuff going to get up there if there's a hymen in the way? That's not meant to sound rude by the way, I'm just curious about what you think.

Yep, it's called vaginismus. It just seemed to me like Zella's friend was making too big a deal about keeping her hymen intact when there's no evidence to prove that it isn't broken already. So I thought I'd point out that not just an intact hymen can make it hurt down there.

well i guess it depends how far he/she stuck his fingers or whatever he/she used up!
    Just thought I'd post some links you might find helpful:

Visiting a GUM clinic FAQ

A trip to the clinic

Sexual health section
    ;)