Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

only got 3/4 months of uni left and disillusioned

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
as in ive reached the point (as many on science degrees do) in that i just don't fully get what's going on and so i'm losing care for my studies

whilst at the same time im striving to get good grade which for me would be a 2:2 or above - so on the whole im just feeling really frustrated im spending ages on my work and not getting much done these days :(

any ideas on keeping my attention span up until i get past my dissertation and lab and exams, all due in from 2weeks to 10weeks away :( im really not used to putting so much time in for so little actual output :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh thats exactly how I feel!

This bloody degree has felt like a continual burden and I can't be bothered no more. I don't care about labs and projects. Maybe the first year should count loads and final year count for nothing yeah :)

PS - I find I try to think about interviews and explaining away my third/pass to a team of people smirking behind their hands. No offence if that's what you got I just mean for jobs that ask for really high degree class (not that I'm ever gonna get that).

Also think of the money you'll earn and the debt you have. It's only a few months. Urgh
    Alan wrote:
    Oh thats exactly how I feel!

This bloody degree has felt like a continual burden and I can't be bothered no more. I don't care about labs and projects. Maybe the first year should count loads and final year count for nothing yeah :)

PS - I find I try to think about interviews and explaining away my third/pass to a team of people smirking behind their hands. No offence if that's what you got I just mean for jobs that ask for really high degree class (not that I'm ever gonna get that).

Also think of the money you'll earn and the debt you have. It's only a few months. Urgh

ah what course you on?
    as in ive reached the point (as many on science degrees do) in that i just don't fully get what's going on and so i'm losing care for my studies

whilst at the same time im striving to get good grade which for me would be a 2:2 or above - so on the whole im just feeling really frustrated im spending ages on my work and not getting much done these days :(

any ideas on keeping my attention span up until i get past my dissertation and lab and exams, all due in from 2 weeks to 10 weeks away :( im really not used to putting so much time in for so little actual output :(
    I feel much the same except I think I never did actually know what was going on and lost care for my studies ages ago. My 2nd and 3rd year are equally weighted and last year I scaped a third. And to think I was so clever at school, where did it all go wrong?