Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should/Will women be drafted into army too?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What happens if they bring in draft to invade Iran?

They would need to as Iran will be 20 times harder than Iraq was/is.

Point I am making is that they will have to bring in draft for British/American women too to be PC

They tell us we are all equal and women can join in combat missions and so why not be drafted too (this is sexism)

I think the sexual equality board will demand that women be drafted as well.

Can you imagine some 16 year old girl in Iran :crying:

This could be a minefield for Bush/Blair and co....

050519_soldier_vmed_630a.widec.jpg

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I highly doubt Britain will ever draft again, not unless it finds an invading army on its doorstep. A professional army beats a conscripted one any day of the week and the MOD know this, rather then get numbers they have a tougher selection process and better training then most other forces.

England will let women join the army but not in any unit considered 'front line' so roles such as infantry, armoured brigiad and mech inf are male only. However; signals, logistics, engineers, feild hospital and other support roles do take women on.

The reason behind this is old fashioned thinking and something that has been seen in mixed sex armies before (I was given Isreal as an example) - any women who are wounded are gang raped by their section, not only taking the section out of action, but its very nasty for the women in question and will cause a huge scandel at home. Plus I think men make mistakes when perving over women, and this is a situation where you don't want mistakes.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    The reason behind this is old fashioned thinking and something that has been seen in mixed sex armies before (I was given Isreal as an example) - any women who are wounded are gang raped by their section, not only taking the section out of action, but its very nasty for the women in question and will cause a huge scandel at home. Plus I think men make mistakes when perving over women, and this is a situation where you don't want mistakes.

Exactally. I mean, imagine the scandal if some of the recent British army Scandals happened to women - it would be blown out 10 times worse by the media (e.g: Marines and erm, "odd" wrestling).

Plus, as you say - men perving over a woman in a combat situation would cause problems and take his mind off the job.

I doubt women would get drafted in the UK, and the US can just go to some poor suburb and grab a few jobless teenagers.
    dave777 wrote:
    Can you imagine some 16 year old girl in Iran :crying:
    :eek2: you can't be serious. How about them 16 year old boys eh? Sexual equality my ass.
    :eek2: you can't be serious. How about them 16 year old boys eh? Sexual equality my ass.
    Quite. I bet you wouldn't care if they were unattractive 16-y/o girls... :rolleyes:
    I was just thinking that they could solve the perving problem by keeping men and women separate. They could have women only units! Then I came to the conclusion that a women-only unit would be a little bit scary, considering the likelihood that they'd all get hormonal at the same time. :eek:

I think you've been misinformed - the numbers of injured women gangraped by their comrades is pretty low.

Their is an argument for women not being in combat, but gangrape by their comrades isn't it.
    Woman should be in combat for the simple reasons of equality. You want equal rights, votes, equal pay and treatment under law? Good, then you get treated just the same.

In America I know women are more gradually being introduced to the front line. Israel does it too, I believe. And it doesnt seem to have blunted the IDF's fighting ability, nor the USA.
    NQA wrote:
    I think you've been misinformed - the numbers of injured women gangraped by their comrades is pretty low.

Their is an argument for women not being in combat, but gangrape by their comrades isn't it.
    I agree, gangrape as a reason for not allowing women in the army is a bit desparate as an argument. Surely if any our soldiers would gangrape one of their own, then they'd do the same to the enemy or civilians, and shouldn't be in the army anyway.
    Zap Brannigan from Futurama said it best when he refused to allow Leela to join up in the army to help fight the war against the brainballs!
    Cain wrote:
    In America I know women are more gradually being introduced to the front line.
    When I filled out my draft card for Selective Service one of the questions read "are you male or female", it gave a little check-box next to both, then it said, "please note that if you are female it is illegal for you to fill out this card". :rolleyes:
    When I filled out my draft card for Selective Service one of the questions read "are you male or female", it gave a little check-box next to both, then it said, "please note that if you are female it is illegal for you to fill out this card". :rolleyes:

:D Perhaps its aiming for transexuals?
    NQA wrote:
    :D Perhaps its aiming for transexuals?
    :lol: my god-brother is a trany, the army kept calling him, eventualy he asked "how does the don't ask don't tell policy work if you're trans?". They hung up and never called again.
    Cain wrote:
    And it doesnt seem to have blunted the IDF's fighting ability, nor the USA.
    you mean the usa's troops have always been this bad!
    dave777 wrote:
    What happens if they bring in draft to invade Iran?

I will be a conscienctious objector. :yes:
    briggi wrote:
    I will be a conscienctious objector. :yes:
    it takes a great deal of evidence to prove that you're a conscienctious objector. you'd better start getting a portfolio together.
    it takes a great deal of evidence to prove that you're a conscienctious objector. you'd better start getting a portfolio together.

How d'you know I'm not already on the case? :chin:

:p
    you mean the usa's troops have always been this bad!
    :lol:
    I suppose you can give them good equipment, but without the training... it's a bit of a waste.

Oh well. They could be the French armed forces...
    If women want to go to war...better them then me! I dont after all!
    I think women should be able to fight frontline if they like, althoughmen and women are built differently so carrying the same weight might be harder for a woman.

As for drafting... Nobody should be forced to go out and kill (I'm fortunate, if it happened I probably wouldn't have to go)... I don't think they'll drft for Iran somehow.
    the draft in the uk would be the final straw.
    i think there would be a massive public ...fuck you.
    the public would revolt.
    my faith has recently been restored ...identity cards ...fuck off.
    encitement to racial hatred ...fuck off.
    briggi wrote:
    How d'you know I'm not already on the case? :chin:

:p
    ...true. :chin:
    [QUOTE='-[MoonRat]

As for drafting... Nobody should be forced to go out and kill (I'm fortunate, if it happened I probably wouldn't have to go)... I don't think they'll drft for Iran somehow.[/QUOTE]

They will have to draft for Iran as they will need to to invade and occupy Iran.

Iran would be 7 times harder to beat then Iraq :eek:

They would face 10+ suicide attacks every day :crazyeyes

BTW The reason why UK troops are going into Afghan is to free up US troops to attack Iran.
    dave777 wrote:
    They will have to draft for Iran as they will need to to invade and occupy Iran.

BTW The reason why UK troops are going into Afghan is to free up US troops to attack Iran.
    do you ever use words like ..probably ...possibly ...maybe ...
    dave777 wrote:

I disagree... I could only see a draft ever happening in the event of a world war where we are in danger of being invaded ourselves.

They'd get the "fuck you" from me anyway... I wouldn't even fucking make bombs for the cunts.
    They'd get the "fuck you" from me anyway... I wouldn't even fucking make bombs for the cunts.

Well said. :thumb:
    They'd get the "fuck you" from me anyway...
    maybe I'm being thick, but why?

Maybe she doesn't support the idea of a war with Iran?

I want Matadore to come into this topic and make an amusing post.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Maybe she doesn't support the idea of a war with Iran?

I want Matadore to come into this topic and make an amusing post.
    I'd rather hear from you folks, much more informative.
    Sorry... Just the idea of them forcing young men (and women) in to the army steams me...

I would never fight in a war, I would never make bombs either (as women did in WW2, which in a funny sense contributed to the emancipation of them) as it's against both my morals and spiritual beliefs to do so.
    I would never fight in a war, I would never make bombs either (as women did in WW2, which in a funny sense contributed to the emancipation of them) as it's against both my morals and spiritual beliefs to do so.

Good thing people though a bit differently in 1940 eh? Or our kids would be marching up and down the schoolyards of great britain singing the Horst Wessel song!

Thankfully many brave people answered the call and sacrificed their own lives so that we could decide our own moral and spiritual beliefs in an imperfect democracy.