Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what is your viewpoint of feminism?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    its your mum
  • Options
    She's dead, mate.
  • Options
    good try but no cigar
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    I didn't just come down in the last shower y'know
  • Options
    You look like you could use one.........
  • Options
    I think you mistook me for your mum. Again.
  • Options
    I think you mistook me for your mum. Again.

You should read that agin and realise how stupid it is.........
  • Options
    Poor klintock. He doesn't even get schoolyard humour. :(
  • Options
    Poor klintock. He doesn't even get schoolyard humour :(

You should read that agin and realise how stupid it is........ ;)
  • Options

Hint: it doesn't have to make perfect sense as long as you insult someone's mum
  • Options

Hint: it doesn't have to make perfect sense as long as you insult someone's mum

You should read that agin and realise how stupid it is........ :lol:

Hint: if it doesn't matter, why are you explaining it?
  • Options
    Poor klintock. You'll never understand the ways of humans will you? :(
  • Options
    Poor klintock. You'll never understand the ways of humans will you? :(

Nope. Just individuals.That's all there is.

:lol:
  • Options
    Poor klinty :(
  • Options

>wipes away tears of mirth<
  • Options
    Yer ma sucks cock.
  • Options
    yer mama's like a bowling ball
    she gets fingered, thrown in the gutter and still comes back for more :p

yes I know thats gross, sorry :o
  • Options

Timeless Classic :D
  • Options
    yer mama's like a bowling ball
    she gets fingered, thrown in the gutter and still comes back for more :p

And she looks just like you too. If you've been getting any strange "double take" glances lately........
    yes I know thats gross, sorry :o

No problem, it's not like it lowered you in my estimation. :p
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    What a load of bunkum.

Not everyone can be successful. But a "lack of effort" is one of the lowest reasons why someone isn't poor.

Unless you're trying to say the single mother doing 50 hour weeks isn't trying hard enough.

The real crux is whether you can channel your energy into your own pocket, or someone else's. The poor can't afford to work for themselves, so all their energy goes into somebody else's bank balance, not their own. The shareholders of this world, on the other hand, were given the money to work for themselves, and so they now sit back and count the cash rolling in straight off the labour of me and you.

I've just done a day's work for Accenture. I've tried, I've been able, but who's made the money? It isn't me.

As for the ramblings about a "victim culture", I don't agree. I've come from a low background, but I've been higher than most. I've done it right- good schoolwork, good degree, working to get experience in the field I want- but will I ever be a CEO? Of course not.

Interesting you mention these "rags to riches" stories. You mean like that pauper Richard Branson? You mean that beggar Alan Sugar? You mean someone like Jacqui Gold, who was evidently born into abject poverty.

There is a line in the sand- if you are beneath it, it don't matter how hard you work, you will never ever ever have money or power.

I think a single mother obviously hasn't tried hard enough at the things which matter if you want to become rich. The only point of debate is the reason for this. You can claim that education, parents etc are to cause for a lack of desire (her other responsibilities would usually be a product of her own choices), and to some extent, I think this is true. People who go to a good school and have good parents tend to be more likely to get jobs as doctors, lawyers and other highly paid jobs. But unless they own their own company, they have the same amount of real power as basic workers (i.e. they'll still be working for someone), just more spare cash.

However, thinking about local businessmen, I know owners of a kitchen installation company (started as a kitchen fitter), a few night clubs, a property and shop owner (started out with one successful business and built up from their), a restaurant owner (showed the bank a viable business plan and got a loan), and a few others. All of these people grew up in working class families, went to the same schools as you and I, and they now all work for themselves, drive nice cars, live in nice houses and a few are even millionaires with property worth many times more. I think it's insulting to people like this to suggest that it's down to 'luck' and I think these people are proof that there is no 'line in the sand'. It will be unlikely that these businesses will become huge conglomerates, purely because there's already someone bigger doing it (i.e. the idea is not good enough, someone got there first). But look at something like Ikea, Dyson, Ryan Air or Google which are huge because of innovation in their field, not because of luck. If any of the small businesses I talked of were original enough with a wide enough market, they would have no trouble attracting investors after a slice of the pie, but as it is, the owners will have to settle with merely millionaires, rather than billionaires.
  • Options
    I personally hate feminists, stop banging on about equal rights and go to the kitchen and cook me some food. :yes: