Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So cold

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't believe how cold it has suddly become. Last week was fine but this week is freezzzzzzzing. I had to wear thick tights under my trousers for work because my legs went number yesterday just waiting for the bus.

What are you guys doing to keep yourselves warm?

Comments

• Options
    coat ;p
  • Options
    Coat, scarf, joggers under trousers, thick socks, two jumers and gloves if I can find them.

I feel the cold far to easy....
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    ive lost my scarf! but i thought it would be ok as it was getting closer to spring so didnt buy another! im regretting it now. is this the weather from russia?
  • Options
    Worste I did lately was 2 pairs of socks, 2 tee-shirts, 2 jumpers, coat, hat and gloves and all of that while working inside!! So damn cold that day...
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I love the cold (H)
  • Options
    The cold doesnt really bother me, i dont feel it that badly

i was chilly at about 6am on tuesday morning when we had stupidly decided to walk up castle hill in our minced state (i had on strappy sandles, a strappy top and jeans)

other than that it doesnt really bother me, i dont think i wore a coat yesterday to uni or work
  • Options
    Lucozade energy tablets make be warm, fast and... crazy!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  • Options
    Lucozade energy tablets make be warm, fast and... crazy!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    warm? seriously? because if they do ill go downstairs to the shop, but if they dont i might sue you! its in your best interests to tell me... :p
  • Options
    Always seems to be bloody cold down here, it's mostly the wind chill if anything. You could be happily walking along, and then a sudden strong breeze and :shocking:.

Meh, needs to get warmer!
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I love the cold (H)
    Why do you keep doing a (H)?
  • Options
    you could buy some of those heat pads that you get for bad backs / period pains and sow them together to make yourself thermal underware :P
  • Options
    These are my "secret" weapon. I first had some when I went skiing years ago and now I'm addicted because my hands are always bloody freezing at this time of year. :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'm ill and have a temperature of over 101f. :(
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Two days off work and i had to get a cold didnt I !

and during a huge cold spell too! It does not help. Gloves beenie hat and layers of clothing all round .. ok well gloves and beenie hat then.
  • Options
    tis a bit cold today, yep! i forgot my gloves so it's only my hands that are cold. the rest of me is nice and snuggly. :heart:
  • Options
    tis a bit cold today, yep! i forgot my gloves so it's only my hands that are cold. the rest of me is nice and snuggly. :heart:
    will u snuggle me please? im still frozen and im inside at work with the "heating" on!
  • Options
    It was -11 in my neck of the woods Monday night into Tuesday, it's a bit milder today that goodness.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    will u snuggle me please? im still frozen and im inside at work with the "heating" on!

i don't think i can fit anyone else in my jacket, sorry!
  • Options
    i don't think i can fit anyone else in my jacket, sorry!
    meanie :( brrrr! - see look how cold i am!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    meanie :( brrrr! - see look how cold i am!

put some more clothes on!

bet you're a southerner aren't you. ;)
  • Options
    put some more clothes on!

bet you're a southerner aren't you. ;)
    bit of both actually! from yorkshire. but i think your right too many years down south has changed my body's ability to handle the cold! oh and im at work, no more clothes to hand! :no:
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    bit of both actually! from yorkshire. but i think your right too many years down south has changed my body's ability to handle the cold! oh and im at work, no more clothes to hand! :no:

well i'm only lincolnshire so not tooooo far.

but yes, stop being a wimp. :p
  • Options
    well i'm only lincolnshire so not tooooo far.

but yes, stop being a wimp. :p
    ok sorry ;)
  • Options
    Apparently it was -13 here at 6am. That's not a natural temperature!
  • Options
    I'd walk around naked if it was socially acceptable.
  • Options
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I'd walk around naked if it was socially acceptable.
    I'm sure everyone would be too busy looking at your sexy body to arrest you :p

I was out to the shop today, but i just wore a long-sleeved top, my jeans and my fleece. Being Aberdonian I'm used to the cold!
  • Options
    lil kazzy wrote:
    I'm sure everyone would be too busy looking at your sexy body to arrest you

You know its true (H)
  • Options
    What with the (H)???? And no you wouldnt, you never did at home when I was there, I even tried hiding your pants but that didnt work:p
  • Options
    Its freezing here! Not quit as cold as up north, but cold enough that i cant feel my feet right now! Been working nights the past couple of days and i nearly cried yesterday when i got to my car at 7:30am, i just wanted to go home to bed but i had to sit there for 15 mins and defrost the ice all over my car, which was so thick it could of been snow...ii was so cold waiting for things to heat and melt :nervous:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have a big problem with the cold, and over here it's very rare for the temprature to go below 6C. I think if it was -11 I'd be dead (or wishing I was dead)!