Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

arts and culture

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
if you were asked what sort of articles were included in the arts and culture section of a newspaper, what you say? i'm just trying to write a few sentences about it for a student newspaper we're setting up, to explain to people who are interested in writing for the paper what sort of articles go in this section, but i just cant think.. obviously i know it's our paper so it's up to us but i cant even think of basic things.

for example, if im explaining what sort of articles go in the travel section i can put things like articles about UK attractions, holiday destinations worldwide, good student holidays etc. and if i was writing a few sentences about what the heath section is about i could put things such as healthy eating, sexual health, effects of drinking etc. but arts and culture? i just cant think what would be included.

any ideas would be much appreciated!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do you have a seperate section for entertainment? If not, Film!
  • Options
    Arts and culture?

I'd reccomend places and events to go, e.g. where to celebrate chinese new year, where to get good authentic italien food, which cinemas do world cinema so you can catch the Japanese film season ect. Maybe there's something going on at a gallery that might make art a bit more accesible for the student population.

Get reviews aswel.
  • Options
  • Options
    Local at exhibitions, new artists, Theatre an that kind of stuff :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Check out the BBC Collective website - includes most of what has already been mentioned - but may also be a good source for ideas when you actually get started.

Good luck with it - sounds really cool :thumb:
  • Options
    cheers guys :) now youve all said those ideas it was pretty obvious what it meant, i was just having a mental block last night!! thanks for all your help though, can get things up and running now.