Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Nokia VS Alcatel

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
In short, I have a Nokia 3310 and my mum had an older nokia. Hers broke down, so she got the old phone of my cousin's, which is newer than both of ours (about 2 years old). It's an alcatel thing, but I don't know the model (why is it never written on phones??).
I'm thinking of asking her to take that one for me and give her mine. It won't be rude or anything, and it might actually help her as the controls of mine are 99% the same as her old one, and she took a really long time to understand how to use it so it could be long too before she knows how to use a new control method, while I'm much more adaptable.

So I'm wondering if I should stick with mine, in case it works better. How good is alcatel as a brand, compared to nokia? Is it possible it will break down more easily (my cousin was barely using it)? Feel free to comment on anything else too.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would it be any of the ones on here... Click!
    Actually, if you take of the back of the phone off, it says the model number along with all the other phone info.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    Actually, if you take of the back of the phone off, it says the model number along with all the other phone info.
    There are several strings of characters back there, can't tell which one is the model...
    But it's not a question of what it can do, I'm just asking how well-made they are.
    I managed to take a couple of photos, is the model matters. Not too clear though.
    alc0.jpgalc1.jpg
    Its very tiny specialy the screen i couldnt cope with that size now im like a social phone addict! :hyper:
    Alcatel are rubbish, nokia rule but... be nice to your mum and swop anyway- it's only a phone and parents take so long to understand these technologies that confusing them with different menu options is just mean.

ETA: although, I wouldn't swop my nokia for a non-NK brand (especially not for my mother, but that's a whole 'nother story)
    I swapped it after all. I have to say that I like it better, and not only because it can do more (naturally, since it's newer). I also prefer the way the menus and stuff work. I just hope it doesn't break easliy or something...