Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Enjoying your Notice Period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Fabulous news - I have a new job! They've made a verbal offer today and I'll get written confirmation tomorrow or Thursday, meaning I can hand my notice in on Friday! I absolutely cannot wait! I've been trying to leave this job for nearly a year and I'm dying to see the look on my colleagues' faces when they find out.

Because I've been for a final meeting to discuss terms of the new job this lunchtime, I was out for two and a half hours. Obviously I didn't tell everyone where I was going, so I had to make something up about meeting a friend for lunch. Now everyone is a bit stroppy with me because they think I'm taking the piss - but everyone else does it all the time, so I'm not worried.

The other thing that humours me somewhat is that when I'm not here there's noone to answer the phones so the other four people in my office have to bother their arses to do something. I've just worked out that's also why they're pissed off with me - because they've had to answer the phone for two hours. God only knows what they'll be like once I've left! Also what they don't know yet is that I'm not being replaced, so they're going to have to answer the phone a whole lot more very soon!

Sorry, there's not really a lot of point to this thread - I'm just all hyper because I've finally got the offer I've been waiting for! :hyper:

To give it a bit of point.. have you ever worked a notice period and did you enjoy it, or did everyone make your life hell for those last four weeks?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Congratulations and celebrations! I bet it feels like a huge weight off your chest, working somewhere rotten can really get you down, but now you're FREE!!!!!! Yippee!!!
    Congratulations :thumb:
    Yeah ive worked a notice period before now, its great!
    You just take the piss for two weeks without a care in the world coz hey, what are they gonna do?
    fire you!? Bwa ha ha ha :hyper:
    Congrats, whats your new job?
    HR Administrator for a big local factory.
    I was doing an OCR Stage III Text Processing course and my tutor told me about there being a vacancy where she works. She's now going to be my new boss! I got it out of six candidates, fair and square - there were three others from the class too.
    well done i know how you feel, i've been looking for a new job for couple of months now and found one last week, gave my notice last week so just relaxing a bit for this month, not taking the piss too much but what can they do......
    YAY, thats excellent, and i hope you well and truly get your own back on your job.
    Hope you enjoy your new job.