Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

spots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What can you use to directly put on spots? What is the best thing that people recomend?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Erm...don't wash?
    surgical spirit.
    I am going to boots at lunch and want to buy something, any suggestions?
    tea tree oil is the only stuff that i can think of that works, which is not prescribed.

Ive been prescribed dalacin T solution by my doctor which works but u cant get it over the counter
    yes, surgical spirit, as I said. clears a spot up in no time.
    you can get little bottles of it, just dab some on with cotton wool. stings a bit tho.
    what about something with witch hazel? that work?
    i used to use a tea tree antiseptic cream. came in a green toothpaste type tube from tesco. can't remember who made it. i now use a wand thing that contains witch hazel and tea tree that's made by boots. it looks a bit like lipgloss and has 1 end to use at night and 1 during the day. can never be sure of how effective they are 'cause i use it and the spot goes but then it might've gone anyway!
    I used Oxy on the spot cream... works a treat. :)
    witch hazel is gentler on the skin, but its not as fast acting as SS.
    Have you tried a Witch stick? they are great :thumb:
    I used to get the tea tree oil stuff from The Body Shop. It's like a little round tub with a dipper stick and you put it straight on the spots. Works good.

Toothpaste is also suposed to dry them out if you dab it on the spots before you go to bed at night. I tried it and it kinda worked.
    Anything with 2% of whatever the acid stuff it is, can't remember. THere are tons of things, I use clean and clear gel stuff. Alot have 1%, but make sure you get something with 2%
    i used to use a tea tree antiseptic cream. came in a green toothpaste type tube from tesco. can't remember who made it. i now use a wand thing that contains witch hazel and tea tree that's made by boots. it looks a bit like lipgloss and has 1 end to use at night and 1 during the day. can never be sure of how effective they are 'cause i use it and the spot goes but then it might've gone anyway!

Bought the one you were on about.
    freederms good for those annoying red ones that take years to dissapear...its expensive but it lasts ages.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Bought the one you were on about.

Hope that product works out for you! You may also find This stop spots website useful.
    If you can't make solomons water I'd try dabbing toothpaste on (then wipe off as it dries out your skin) it worked for me when I was very spotty.