Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Zen troubles

Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
ok so in short, everytime I try to put music on my Creative Zen Touch(20gig) I have to restart windows.

It makes Explorer non-responsive leading to a system restart, I've tried using WMP to sync the files to my Zen, but it crashes using that aswell.

Help :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    ok so in short, everytime I try to put music on my Creative Zen Touch(20gig) I have to restart windows.

It makes Explorer non-responsive leading to a system restart, I've tried using WMP to sync the files to my Zen, but it crashes using that aswell.

Help :(

Have you tried un-installing the drivers and re-installing the device on windows?
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I was planning on it, was hoping the problem would go away, as it has in the past.
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    I was planning on it, was hoping the problem would go away, as it has in the past.

If it has happend in the past in might be worth trying to maybe fix the problem for good.
    are you using Notmad? or the bundled software?
    The bundled stuff, "nomad explorer".
    Perhaps cleaning out the Zen and reformatting it might help? If something on it is corrupted.
    I made a point of not putting any corrupted music on there, to avoid such problems, I'm not entierly sure on how to format it =\
    Ok so I reinstalled the drivers and assosiated programs... still not working >.<