Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Scuff on leather

I managed to scuff (slightly) my new leather jacket and I am unsure as to how to re-new its shiny-ness.

Would using a tiny amount of shoe polish be a good idea?

Please help.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There are special leather polishes you can use on jackets and sofas. Look for the likes of Astonish Leather cleaner and so.
    There are special leather polishes you can use on jackets and sofas. Look for the likes of Astonish Leather cleaner and so.

I had no idea, that's why I consulted you women in the girly fashion bit.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I had no idea, that's why I consulted you women in the girly fashion bit.

*Chokes*
    Yeah, there are some leather treatments out there - a bit like the dubbin you put on football boots, or saddle soap, which soften up the leather and remove scuffs. Can't think what they are called for the life of me. Will take a look. Sure they had one in ASDA.
    That av you have is horrible bong. so bad in fact that i had to intervene :p
    budda.jpg
    please use this one, the default pics remind me of the trolls

edit: As for the leather jacket thing ive heard something about a bit of fairy liquid dabed on with a damp cloth thats supposed to work. its up to you if'd want to try or not though it might damage the jacket even more... :eek2:
    bongbudda wrote:

Please help.

~Sounds so alien from you
    :crazyeyes
    Thanks for the tips people, I didnt really know what to do, leather problems are somewhat alien to me.

(oh and the AV isnt my fault, its Jim's, he put it there) and anyway, I dont see them.
    bongbudda wrote:
    anyway, I dont see them.

:confused: what are you running?
    icey wrote:
    :confused: what are you running?

I've turned all the AV's off, they annoy me, pointless beautification done purely to draw attention to the post when it is the content which should do that. That's just my view anyway.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    icey wrote:
    That av you have is horrible bong. so bad in fact that i had to intervene :p
    budda.jpg
    please use this one, the default pics remind me of the trolls

I'm glad somebody did. Since Bong doesn't look at the AVs he won't mind me changing it for our benefit :D
    Ta Helen, I'm sure others will enjoy looking at that.