Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bra Fitting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I don't know but I'm thinking I should go and get sized for bras, not been for years and have just bought two bra's off figleaves £30 each, but I dont think a lot of myself - body wise and don't like getting looked at, as it was years ago when I was propely fitted think near enough 10years ago just done it myself since!
What exactly happens, I don't like people who stare or like judge you and I dont want to be told what kind I have to wear.

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i went to Marks and Spencers and a woman asked me to pop my top off, and i stood there in my bra, its not as bad as you think, they do it day in day out. just make sure you wear a nice bra. but i would seriously recommend doing it, i never thought i was wearing the wrong size, but i went because i thought id got smaller, but id gone up a cup size to an f, so god knows what i was before! good luck, just grin and bear it, its worth it in the long run!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i went to Marks and Spencers and a woman asked me to pop my top off, and i stood there in my bra, its not as bad as you think, they do it day in day out. just make sure you wear a nice bra. but i would seriously recommend doing it, i never thought i was wearing the wrong size, but i went because i thought id got smaller, but id gone up a cup size to an f, so god knows what i was before! good luck, just grin and bear it, its worth it in the long run!

Yeh thanks for advice I dont think I'd go to Marks & Spencer, might go to a local place, as they have Freya - which I have ordered off the net, never see anything in Marks & Spencer these days I like.

thanks I just hate people looking at me! but think I should cos had bad back and neck in past few years and thats a sign supposedly, don't wanna go to a DD tho!
    yeah definately, but also check that your straps are at the correct height as that might contribute to the neck pain! whats up with being a DD? all the places will tell you the same size, no matter where you go, and you dont have to buy anything from there...but i know exactly what you mean about nothing in there, there only seems to be nice bras for a-c cups :(
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    yeah definately, but also check that your straps are at the correct height as that might contribute to the neck pain! whats up with being a DD? all the places will tell you the same size, no matter where you go, and you dont have to buy anything from there...but i know exactly what you mean about nothing in there, there only seems to be nice bras for a-c cups :(
    exactly! thats why I don't really wanna go bigger! but I have come across Freya range and they seem to have some quite nice stuff for us bigger sized people - some may say we are lucky I dunno like!
    Wisecrack wrote:
    exactly! thats why I don't really wanna go bigger! but I have come across Freya range and they seem to have some quite nice stuff for us bigger sized people - some may say we are lucky I dunno like!
    aahh but we are chicky!! believe me, i wouldnt have them any other size!! where is the Freya range then?
    \
    Mmm I do quite like them wouldn't like to loose them! used to get comments looks not now though dunno why!
    www.figleaves.co.uk - i think and go to shop by brand thats where i ordered mine, more pricey but supposed to be worth it. also bravissamo not sure of spelling just type in search engine.
    Wisecrack wrote:
    Mmm I do quite like them wouldn't like to loose them! used to get comments looks not now though dunno why!
    www.figleaves.co.uk - i think and go to shop by brand thats where i ordered mine, more pricey but supposed to be worth it. also bravissamo not sure of spelling just type in search engine.
    cheers babes :thumb: ill go have a nosey!
    Personally, I would get fitted at Debenhams. I used to be a bra fitter and they're always more accurate than M&S. In my experience, anyway.
    from my experience i wouldn't go to la senza to get measured. however that might have just been a dodgy experience for me.

i didn't feel uncomfortable or anything but she got my bra size TOTALLY wrong. she went and got me some bras in the size she thought i was and they were wayyyyyy to small. i was like 'erm i can't breathe'. stupid woman.
    I went to debenhams for a bra fitting and the woman just measured my back. She then looked at me and said 'you look like a DD'. I said 'but this is an E' and she said 'E then'. The whole reason i went was because the bra was too small. I told her and she just said 'try an f then'. :banghead:

Grr :impissed:

She was a twit.
    from my experience i wouldn't go to la senza to get measured. however that might have just been a dodgy experience for me.

i didn't feel uncomfortable or anything but she got my bra size TOTALLY wrong. she went and got me some bras in the size she thought i was and they were wayyyyyy to small. i was like 'erm i can't breathe'. stupid woman.

I got that from our local Marks N Spencers. She measured me as a 34C, so off I trotted, and bought a wholeeeee new range of bras, so I could chuck all my old ones away.

I got home, and all the bras were the same - I was spilling out of the cup and the back was on the smallest fastening and it was still too loose! I measured myself and bought a bra in a 32DD. It fit perfectly.

Luckily, the store I bought the bras from let me take them back, so I resotcked up on fitting ones. But honestly, how could you measure it that wrong?
    Some places are just shit at measuring bra size. I got told I was an 30AA once. Not one of my favourite moments.
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i went to Marks and Spencers and a woman asked me to pop my top off, and i stood there in my bra, its not as bad as you think

I have tiny breasts and so I only own padded bras - would I have to take my bra off to get measured?
    i think it really depends on the person you get at these places. everyone always slags off M&S, but they got my size spot on.

what i don't get are the charts you get in catalogues and whatnot. if i measure myself according to them, it tells me i'm something stupid like a 30A (i wear 32D and have a slight amount of cup bulge on my bigger boob, so there's no way in the world the girls would get into an A cup).
    the girl in la senza was rubbish!
    i decided i was wearing the wrong bra size so i tried on a new bra size in la senza. then i asked to be measured. she measured my back size and then just looked at me and said 'ooh yeh that looks like it fits, pretty too'. and that was it! she didnt measure around my boobs at all.
    ive decided i'm going to go on saturday and get fitted - going to go to local shop rather than M&S/Debenhams dont like La senza bras not supportive enough, got my brays from Freya one i really like but dont wanna say yes until i've got correct size after being measured its £30!
    wish me luck - dreading ti already
    good luck babes!! :thumb: let me know how it goes and if you get to keep the pretty bra!
    lipsy wrote:
    the girl in la senza was rubbish!
    i decided i was wearing the wrong bra size so i tried on a new bra size in la senza. then i asked to be measured. she measured my back size and then just looked at me and said 'ooh yeh that looks like it fits, pretty too'. and that was it! she didnt measure around my boobs at all.

Saying that, sometimes I don't have to measure people anymore. If they put a bra on and it's the wrong size, I can usually guess what size they are. You should be able to tell by looking alone if it's right or wrong - that's part of the training.
    I will let you know don't worry, bigger busted people go to bravissimo and you can order a catalogue I've just got one and theres loads of nice things!
    la senza did a good job measuring me. I was bigger than i expected though, so was a bit of a shock. Just goes to show i have been buying wrong for ages. Fits lovely now.
    My sister went into Contessa, the woman took one look and said '36D' and voila they fitted. I don't know if all Contessas are like that, or if this woman was just really good!
    it jst gettin them fitted dont be nervous.wish mine was nig enough to get measured again lol
    I haven't done my laundry for ages so today I'm wearing a bra that used to fit me but now it's way too small and makes me look like I have 4 boobs with the unsightly bulge that comes over te top of each cup. Just thought I'd share that.
    your-babe wrote:
    :crazyeyes Oh my god... getting them measured tomoz. Is it normal to be nervous?! lol
    I guess it's natural to be nervous if you haven't done it before and if you aren't that confident about this type of thing. It'll be fine and I'm sure you'll be glad you did it when you have bras that fit you really well!

Just think if it was that terrible an awdeal nobody would have a fitting twice! I get fitted every time I buy a new bra practically (if it's been more than 3 months since your last fitting this is what they recommend anyway).
    Randomgirl wrote:
    I haven't done my laundry for ages so today I'm wearing a bra that used to fit me but now it's way too small and makes me look like I have 4 boobs with the unsightly bulge that comes over te top of each cup. Just thought I'd share that.
    i was like that the other day, and there was me thinking the 4 boob thing was sexy! damn!
    if i want va va voom cleavage i always go for a bra a cup size too small, it makes them look huge :P but not too small because then you will get that multi-boob effect.
    Randomgirl wrote:

Ha yes lots of my bra's do that, it's rubbish but i'm not rich enough to buy like 5 new sets of underwear ;(
    Wisecrack wrote:
    Hi
    I don't know but I'm thinking I should go and get sized for bras, not been for years and have just bought two bra's off figleaves £30 each, but I dont think a lot of myself - body wise and don't like getting looked at, as it was years ago when I was propely fitted think near enough 10years ago just done it myself since!
    What exactly happens, I don't like people who stare or like judge you and I dont want to be told what kind I have to wear.

Well I went and was fitted I was correct I was wearing wrong size. ..... 2 cup sizes too small was 36D now 36E!!!! Feeling bit pissed off cos nowhere does bras cheaper now for that size!
    So £105 later 4 bras
    When I was about 11 I got my boobs fitted in C&A I think it was..

I was about an A/B cup but I was told I was a 34D. :rolleyes:

A few years later I just measured them myself.