Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Judgement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its not about my relationship directly..well it is..I spose lol

Been going out with this girl ( Keri ) for about 3 1/2 months now..things are going unbelievably well etc

One of my close mates ( who is also one of her close mates ) keeps saying stuff to her about the relationship . For example I just got a text through from my g/f with something this girl ( Jess ) said "You're like the couple everyone wants to be like, I wish I had the contentment, bond and connection that you too have, everyone wants to be like you two "..Now I don't mind the odd comment like that its uplifting ya know, but its seeming like everyday atm we're getting a comment from her ..yesterday apparently we are "Perfect" and are going to "Be together forever" and shit like that. I honestly don't mind it now and again, but the past 2 weeks its now getting tedious! How do I kindly tell her to stop passing judgement like this, its putting added pressure on Keri which she doesn't like and then its putting pressure on me ! My g/f ( keri ) loves how I've gone all defensive on the situation lashing out at Jess indirectly about what is being said, but is their anyway we can tell Jess to..stop..without being harsh??
Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Jez

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried simply telling her it bothers you?
    She's the type of girl that would take offense cos she see's it as her only complimenting us, but me and my g/f have spoken about it alot the last few days and even though its flattering to hear things like that, it's also bothering us with the pressure and things..I was looking for a subtle way to say it?
    It kind of gets a little on the annoying side when you keep making comments of my/our relationship. Its flattering and nice on your part but it does get old. Could you possibly try to not say such things so often/at all?

If she takes offense to things easily, I guess you could always just try and reinforce that it is nice, just getting on your nerves.
    Cheers for the help, will talk to the g/f n see what she thinks about the idea lol!