Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Missing A Pill - Confused?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

I woke up this morning and realised i had totally forgotten to take my pill yesterday, so i'm a whole 24 hours late, anyway i took that missed pill but what do i do with today's, Sunday? It says on the leaflet to take the missed one asap but what about the other, should i just take Sundays, tomorrow and carry on and then go onto the next pack and miss my period?

Help would be apprecieated.

Also i had sex last night, so you know, is there a chance i could be pregnant or is it only small as i have taken the rest of the pills on time?

Thank you x

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    squeal16 wrote:
    Hey

I woke up this morning and realised i had totally forgotten to take my pill yesterday, so i'm a whole 24 hours late, anyway i took that missed pill but what do i do with today's, Sunday? It says on the leaflet to take the missed one asap but what about the other, should i just take Sundays, tomorrow and carry on and then go onto the next pack and miss my period?

Help would be apprecieated.

Also i had sex last night, so you know, is there a chance i could be pregnant or is it only small as i have taken the rest of the pills on time?

Thank you x

Throw the pill away/ignore it and carry on tomorrow like normal.

Also, you need some emergency contraception as you weren't covered for last nights sex if you didn't take your pill yesterday.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And use an alternative method of contraception for the next 7 days.
    Throw the pill away/ignore it and carry on tomorrow like normal.

Also, you need some emergency contraception as you weren't covered for last nights sex if you didn't take your pill yesterday.

But wouldnt all the other pills have protected me, wouldnt missing one just lower the level of protection? Is MAP really neeeded?
    I was always told by Doctors and even in the phamplets of the different pills I've taken that if you miss one, take it as soon as you remember, even if it is the next day. You can take two, but no more.

Yes, it actually reads

What do you do if you forget
    to take a pill?
    If you forget to take your pill, read the informational
    inserts or follow the instructions below:
    If you miss one pill: Take it as soon as you remember
    and continue with the next pill at your regular time
    (even if that means taking two pills in one day until you
    finish the pack). It is best to use abstinence or a
    backup method for the remainder of your pill pack.
    my_name wrote:
    I was always told by Doctors and even in the phamplets of the different pills I've taken that if you miss one, take it as soon as you remember, even if it is the next day. You can take two, but no more.

Well i took Saturdays this morning and then this afternoon i took Sundays, leaving 6 pills left until my 7 days break, but i'm going to carry the next pack straight on and miss my period, is there a high chance of being pregnant at all do you think? And what i did, is that ok?
    squeal16 wrote:
    Well i took Saturdays this morning and then this afternoon i took Sundays, leaving 6 pills left until my 7 days break, but i'm going to carry the next pack straight on and miss my period, is there a high chance of being pregnant at all do you think? And what i did, is that ok?

Well do you normally take your pill in the afternoon? Taking the next one later decreases the effectivness even more.
    my_name wrote:
    Well do you normally take your pill in the afternoon? Taking the next one later decreases the effectivness even more.

I normally take them in the morning, i took the one i missed yesterday this morning like a normally would have done, but then also took what i was meant to have taken today if i hadnt of forgotten yesterday this afternoon.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Course it is needed. Some form of emergency contraception is needed. If you don't then you are at risk of pregnancy. At the end of the day you had unprotected sex after you missed a pill. Simple as. It doesn't matter if you took the others on time or not.
    On the leaflet when it says more that 12 hours missing the pill, it doesnt mention anything about emergency contraceptive just to take it asap and to carry on just to use extra methods of contraception.