Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hot club songs at the minute!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I've recently heard a track from Carl Cox, where he teamed up with Norman Cook to make "That's The Bass". It's surprisingly good, particularly the Tim Deluxe mix. I particularly like the music he makes now. To think this was the man who made "RIP Groove" as Double 99 back in 1997, "It Just Won't Do" in 2002, and now makes really tough house tunes. What a diverse producer, I can't stand those who just make every track sound the same. (Bodyrockers "Round And Round" comes to mind...)

SG, you really don't seem the type to be into that type of music. :p

/random/.
    I've seen Eddie Halliwell live...he's amazing.

I like all types of dance music, anything with a good choon and I'm liking it.
    SG, you really don't seem the type to be into that type of music. :p
    /random/.
    Oh, shut up. I've been listening to dance music since I first got a radio. I'm not taking any lectures from the likes of you about music.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Oh, shut up. I've been listening to dance music since I first got a radio. I'm not taking any lectures from the likes of you about music.

bloody hell, don't get your knickers in a twist.

where did i give you a lecture?
    bloody hell, don't get your knickers in a twist.
    where did i give you a lecture?
    What kind of music did you think I listened to, anyway?
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What kind of music did you think I listened to, anyway?

interested to know where i gave you this lecture?

i only made an observation that i didn't think you'd be into that type of music. to be honest i hadn't really thought about what type of music you do like - just you don't come across as being into dance/trance or whatever.
    i only made an observation that i didn't think you'd be into that type of music. to be honest i hadn't really thought about what type of music you do like - just you don't come across as being into dance/trance or whatever.
    What the hell does that mean? Does everyone who's into rock music dress in black and cut themselves? No. It's a ridicilous statement. Same way to suggest all dance music fans are shameless attention-seekers who are off their heads on drugs.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    What the hell does that mean? Does everyone who's into rock music dress in black and cut themselves? No. It's a ridicilous statement. Same way to suggest all dance music fans are shameless attention-seekers who are off their heads on drugs.

what the hell?

you need to take some chill pills.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    It's a ridicilous statement. Same way to suggest all dance music fans are shameless attention-seekers who are off their heads on drugs.

They're not :confused::p:D
    turlough wrote:
    Well, maybe I'm just an eccentric in that case. I don't know - everyone seems surprised when they discover my tastes are in house music. They don't know what to make of it, maybe that's a good thing.
    turlough wrote:

i never even said anything of the sort anyway so dunno what he's got his knickers in a twist for this time.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Well, maybe I'm just an eccentric in that case. I don't know - everyone seems surprised when they discover my tastes are in house music. They don't know what to make of it, maybe that's a good thing.

so don't fucking have a go at me for it, yeh?
    stargalaxy wrote:

I was only joking.

I know plenty of "normal" people who like dance and you wouldn't automatically look at them and think that. I also know chavs who like rock music so it depends on the person.
    so don't fucking have a go at me for it, yeh?
    Boards champion? Of foul language, maybe.
    turlough wrote:
    I was only joking.
    I know plenty of "normal" people who like dance and you wouldn't automatically look at them and think that. I also know chavs who like rock music so it depends on the person.
    I must admit I thought for a while that all chavs listened to rap, like Puff Daddy, P Diddy, or whatever he's calling himself at the moment.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Boards champion? Of foul language, maybe.

sorry for swearing (once!), mum.

won't do it again.
    Chavs in Northern Ireland like dance music.

SG...I think you are over-reacting a bit, she even gave the :p feature when she said you didn't look like the type who'd be into dance. I mean, looking at your posts on other boards I wouldn't have thought it either.
    turlough wrote:

SG...I think you are over-reacting a bit, she even gave the :p feature when she said you didn't look like the type who'd be into dance. I mean, looking at your posts on other boards I wouldn't have thought it either.

thank you. :)
    turlough wrote:
    Other boards? TheSite.org is the only one I've been using since 2004. :confused:
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Other boards? TheSite.org is the only one I've been using since 2004. :confused:

i think he probably meant on other threads.
    stargalaxy wrote:

I'm on about "anything goes" "relationships" "P&D" and shit like that.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Boards champion? Of foul language, maybe. I must admit I thought for a while that all chavs listened to rap, like Puff Daddy, P Diddy, or whatever he's calling himself at the moment.

mr pernickerty? :yes:
    turlough wrote:
    I'm on about "anything goes" "relationships" "P&D" and shit like that.
    Alright, looking at those, what would you say I listened to? (one site member did try and get me to listen to Simple Plan, but it never worked)
    olaola wrote:
    mr pernickerty? :yes:
    Indeed.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Alright, looking at those, what would you say I listened to? (one site member did try and get me to listen to Simple Plan, but it never worked)

It's hard to tell.

You just don't come across as someone who listens to music...period.

I mean you never post in drugs (only to ridicule) You don't use the language that the steretypical dance fan would, stuff like that.

You've said it yourself, you don't fit the stereotypical viewpoint of a dance fan. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over as LD has said already.
    Trance is shit. FACT.
    turlough wrote:
    You just don't come across as someone who listens to music...period.

I mean you never post in drugs (only to ridicule) You don't use the language that the steretypical dance fan would, stuff like that. You've said it yourself, you don't fit the stereotypical viewpoint of a dance fan. Nothing to get your knickers in a twist over as LD has said already.
    "Havin' it large", "huge choon", "phat", "it's all gone Pete Tong", "rinsin"... it's all bollocks to me. :p
    Blagsta wrote:
    Trance is shit. FACT.
    Most of it is, admittedly.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Most of it is, admittedly.

Its been shit since 1997ish. I'm quite partial to a bit of early - mid 90's trance though.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    "Havin' it large", "huge choon", "phat", "it's all gone Pete Tong", "rinsin"... it's all bollocks to me. :p Most of it is, admittedly.

been watching kevin and perry? :lol:
    Blagsta wrote:
    Its been shit since 1997ish. I'm quite partial to a bit of early - mid 90's trance though.
    I recently listened to the Gatecrasher classics series. And I'm tempted to agree with you. Tunes like Lizard by Mauro Picotto do nothing for me at all, I'm afraid.
    olaola wrote:
    been watching kevin and perry? :lol:
    Not in this case, I just quoted the crap that some radio DJ said on a show I heard years ago.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Trance is shit. FACT.

As is all that shit you're into...deep house and all that :shocking: ;)
    turlough wrote:
    As is all that shit you're into...deep house and all that :shocking: ;)

I'm of the opinion that people who like trance like it because they can't dance, so they listen to music with no funk and do that silly flappy hand thing while refusing to move the funkiest bit of the human body - hips and ass.
    As Clinton once said (and that's George not Bill) - "free your ass and your mind will follow" :p