Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Handgun License

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Handguns are banned.

ETA: Get a punch bag.
  • Options
    I'd try and join a shooting club.
  • Options
    . I dont want it for protection, more for a method to let off steam/aggression.

That is very scary and disturbing. Lets hope the guy at the drive thru always gets your order right.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    That is very scary and disturbing. Lets hope the guy at the drive thru always gets your order right.
    She probably means to shoot at a wall or something, not people. :p But it's still not "ok", so Against's suggestion sounds the best.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    She probably means to shoot at a wall or something, not people. :p But it's still not "ok", so Against's suggestion sounds the best.

Yeah, you didn't make it any less creepy :p

I think Panthro's got a good idea.

Join a gym, dont go shoot things. :\
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Join a gym, dont go shoot things. :\

Apart from expendable drive-thu workers.

Call that a fucking burger?
  • Options
    I used to shoot when I was with the Army Cadets and it is very relaxing, not that I was stressy, but you focus and concentrate completely on the job in hand, and you have to control your breathing - kinda like meditation with paper targets.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    You won't be able to get a handgun license so forget about that. Get an air pistol such as the Webley Hurricane. If it's not for protection then you won't need live ammo will you?

Why get a pistol when you can get a nice rifle anyway? Pistols are jank.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I used to love them pellet gun pistols...had some fun with those.
  • Options
    If you really want to get some kind of gun, then contact your local gun club. You'd most likely have to keep it and use it there anyway. Plus you'd have to have background checks and all that stuff.
  • Options
    My mate has some shotguns because he goes bird shooting, and had to have an expensive regulation locker installed in his house to store them there. Gun club might be more practical.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    My mate has some shotguns because he goes bird shooting, and had to have an expensive regulation locker installed in his house to store them there.

That's what I used to have, until I copped a crininal record for a public order offence. :mad: Until a couple of months ago I still kept a 4.10 at home without a licence.

Every man and his wife owns a shotgun or rifle roudn my way.
    Weekender Offender