Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rembering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know its fine to forget an anneversary or a holiday or something and thats fine. I'm fine with that. My only other relationship, he couldn't remember a damn thing. I've learned to not care. People forget. But what if they don't care. I told the man, hey, we've been together x amount of time, the first time I've ever mentioned how long we've been together, he's like, ok, so what? How am I supposed to take that...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my_name wrote:
    I know its fine to forget an anneversary or a holiday or something and thats fine. I'm fine with that. My only other relationship, he couldn't remember a damn thing. I've learned to not care. People forget. But what if they don't care. I told the man, hey, we've been together x amount of time, the first time I've ever mentioned how long we've been together, he's like, ok, so what? How am I supposed to take that...

Some guys don't care much about date and some, like me sometimes, just forget anniversary, birthday and stuff...

But If the amount of time I have been in a relationship is mention I still care tho...

Also sometimes man can care even so they don't seem like caring a lot...

Basically not too sure how you should take it, it depends on personality and stuff...

What a help I am :yeees:
    i wouldnt take it personally, guys dont care about stuff like that usually! it doesnt make him like you any less :)
    Some guys don't care much about date and some, like me sometimes, just forget anniversary, birthday and stuff...

I don't actually know anyone who would forget a birthday of someone close to them. I remember all family and friends birthdays. I would be very surprised if my girlfriend forgot mine.

As for annaversaries. I know some guys don't care, but again, I don't see how you can forget unless you never talk about it.

In this case I wouldn't take it personally that he doesn't remember. I would be a little annoyed that he didn't care, more for the fact that you obvoiusly do, and he should at least acknowledge that, even if it's not his thing.
    I'm crap with dates. People shouldn't take offence, it doesn't mean I'm not bothered, just a bit forgetful.

As for anniversaries, I think it should be less about putting emphasis on a particular length of time, and more about being nice as you go along.
    Yeah, I guess it was just the first time, so I thought I"d mention it, he knew the date, I just got the impression that he didn't care at all, bothered me at the time but I guess it shouildn't have, thanks.