Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

toning up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I go to the gym 4 or 5 times a week - not been going for long, do swimming, cardio, weights and 2 classes once a aweek - boxercise and body combat - they are great. Im happy with my weight i am going to generally impove my fitness as i am joining marines soon, but something i would like to do is tone my skin - not sure if that is the right word to use but make my skin more firm, just generally nicer......at the top my my thighs and bottom - any suggestions on how to do this? (or is it expensive creams that do this and nothing do with excersize :confused:

Also i would love to improve my flexibility, i have never been able to touch my toes (obviously i can if i bend my knees!) and generally not very flexible legs so are there also any suggestions for improving this?

Thanks jenni
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    For the skin I'd say drink plenty of water in addition to exercise. Exercise will boost the circulation and lymphatic drainage - thus getting rid of impurities that can go to the skin. Fatty deposits can cause cellulite, so exercise will stop/prevent it and give you firmer skin.

As for the second - you need to try stretching. When warmed up try touching your toes and other stretches with your legs. Flexibility is something that can come with time - it took me years to be able to do the splits, but after perseverence, anything is possible.
  • Options
    Pilates is good for flexibility and toning.
  • Options
    Cool thanks!

The only drink i drink is water but ill remember to drink more then! Thanks for the advice. I do think im just going to have to work hard on stretches aren't i!? And i know there is a pilates class at my gym but ive never known what it is! - ill look into that thanks!