Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

friend turning attractive

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I've just come back from lunch with him and had quite a chat... and he confessed to me he was gay!!! I'm quite shocked to be honest, wasn't expecting it at all.

Excellent style for dressing
    Great taste
    Sensitive, artistic
    loads of girl friends
    Terrific dancer...

How didn't I see it before?? :yeees:

Anyway, good for him, he's really happy, he's got a four-month boyfriend who's great. It's just me now that I've got to get used to the idea.
  • Options
    OMG, this is harder than I thought... :crying:

Anybody ever gone through something similar?
  • Options
    I think people often imagine what friends would be like as a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's happened to me quite a bit, i find myself liking a close friend of the opposite sex, but it's usually just a phase and it wears off. I've never had someone tell me they're gay though. Think you should keep close to him but look else where for a boyfriend.
  • Options
    bluewisdom wrote:
    OMG, this is harder than I thought... :crying:

Anybody ever gone through something similar?

I have. I've got feelings for a friend just now, somone i care deeply about and really reall like. I let it get me down whilst i already had a few worries on my mind so it felt worse than it was. It is hard though .. seeing & talking to a friend you havefeelings for. I talk to this friend lots and when i dont talk to her i'm always thinking about her though i did that anyway prior to realising i still had those strong feelings for her. Personally i'm too afraid to say anything to her for a few reasons, though i'd love to and am trying to find the right time to do so.

Did you think that after you and him talked it wouldnt bother you in? I think on teh surface you say to yourself " yeah it's fine i accept that " but underneath it does get to you. They key is the good old fashioned cliche about time being a great healer, unfortunatly. I have had had the experience of a friend tell me she was a lesbian before she eventually decided she wasnt, I ended up going out with her for a while, although to begin with i didnt fancy her those feelings creeped in slowly.
  • Options
  • Options
    I know this thread is kinda old, but I have been away and couldn't answer. I just wanted to thank you for your answers, it helps when you share these things.
    And you're right, at first I thought I wouldn't mind much but then it sort of fell on me.. it's a weird feeling, I had never been in this situation before. Anyway, these days I was on holiday have helped a lot, I think I was in a bit of a shock at first, but now I've started to get used to the idea. It's true that about your friends from the opposite sex though, its like unconsciously we always view them as a possible boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Well, anyway I think I've quite recovered from the shock at least, I'm doing a lot better.
  • Options
    hi

hi bluewisdom,
    im christele a new moderator and just wanted to say
    im glad everything worked out for you!!
    glad the forum could help!! :D
  • Options
    hugs!...don't worry...time heals all borken hearts!