Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Urban legends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This was inspired by something that came up in another thread. Share your urban legends here folks.

=====================

A man has really bad breath, brushing just won't shift the taste in his mouth, so he goes to see his dentist. The dentist chokes for the smell, but says its nothing to do with his line of work and to consult a doctor. He does. The doctor doesn't find anything wrong with him. So what was the cause of his bad breath? (highlight below for the answer).
Apparently he had eaten prawns at some point in the past, one was stuck in his syness (sp?) and was rotting

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my auntie's boyfriend's dog's mother's fishes's plectrum's best mate knows this woman who found a wallet in tesco, and handed it in at the desk. a few minutes later, she was approached by a man of arabic/irish/<insert current stereotype terrorist threat> origin, who explained that it was his wallet she had found, and wanted to give her something to pay her back for her kindness.

when she refused money and insisted that she needed no payment for her honesty, the man tells her in a low voice to keep clear of <insert prominent building/city/tourist attraction in the local area> two weeks on tuesday.
    kaffrin wrote:
    <insert prominent building/city/tourist attraction in the local area> two weeks on tuesday.

why? do they tell you why?

something happened, there were some people, something happened, bla bla bla, can't remember, something something, can exploded in a microwave.
    my_name wrote:
    why? do they tell you why?

it's not usually specified, but the implication is that there will be some sort of terrorist attack at the aforementioned time and place.
    kaffrin wrote:
    it's not usually specified, but the implication is that there will be some sort of terrorist attack at the aforementioned time and place.

You can't have an urban legend cliff hanger, thats bad :p
    it was somebody put a dog in a microwave.

how about the one where a little girl would always stick her hand out of her bed and let the dog lick it before she fell asleep. then one night she is home alone and she lets the "dog" lick it. and then the next morning written on her mirror in lipstick is.... "PEOPLE LICK TOO" :nervous: :shocking:
    ooh, thats quite freaky
    mabye they put the dog in the microwave becasue it ruined the girls lipstick by writing on the mirror.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

how about the one where a little girl would always stick her hand out of her bed and let the dog lick it before she fell asleep. then one night she is home alone and she lets the "dog" lick it. and then the next morning written on her mirror in lipstick is.... "PEOPLE LICK TOO" :nervous: :shocking:
    :nervous: ill be making sure that my hands are securely in my bed tonight! :nervous:
    kaffrin wrote:
    sad but ...these things always have to be explained to americans.
    sad but ...these things always have to be explained to americans.

:( :crying:
    my_name wrote:
    :( :crying:
    and YOU ...have no excuse having hung around with this lot all this time.
    heres me thinking ...my- name by now should at least be an honorary digital brit ...but no ...why does it take you people so long to come on board?
    oh an honorary brit, oh please let me be one.

It takes us along time because we watch family guy and the come with quotes like meg saying "you could kill everybody thats prettier than me" followed by deaths response of "well that just leaves england then" hehe

but oh they are missing out, eh. You lot are bloddy grand ;)
    my_name wrote:
    oh an honorary brit, oh please let me be one.

It takes us along time because we watch family guy and the come with quotes like meg saying "you could kill everybody thats prettier than me" followed by deaths response of "well that just leaves england then" hehe

but oh they are missing out, eh. You lot are bloddy grand ;)
    :lol:
    There was the guy that was suposed to have won a Darwin award for Oding and hanging himself off a cliff then shooting himself in the head. He shot the rope instead, which snapped, and he fell into the sea, swallowed sea water, threw up and was picked up by a passing boat alive and well... or something.
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    There was the guy that was suposed to have won a Darwin award for Oding and hanging himself off a cliff then shooting himself in the head. He shot the rope instead, which snapped, and he fell into the sea, swallowed sea water, threw up and was picked up by a passing boat alive and well... or something.

oh yeah, i've heard that one, except i thought it was he swalloed a bunch of pills, lit himself on fire and went to hang himself off a cliff, the rope broke, he fell into the water which put out the fire, hit it at suchy velocity that he threw up then died later of hypothermia.

I wonder how long it will take to search and find it *checks the darwin awards urban legends first*
    A 1999 Darwin Urban Legend titled Overkill 1

http://www.darwinawards.com/legends/

In France, Jacques LeFevrier left nothing to chance when he decided to commit suicide. He stood atop a sheer cliff and tied a noose around his neck. He tied the other end of the rope to a large rock. He drank some poison and set fire to his clothes. He even tried to shoot himself at the last moment. He jumped and fired the pistol. The bullet missed him completely and cut through the rope above him. Now freed from the threat of hanging, he plunged into the sea. The dunking extinguished the flames and made him vomit the poison. He was dragged out of the water by a kind fisherman and was taken to a hospital, where he died of hypothermia.

well that took a whole 20 minutes, now what am i going to do for the next 50 minutes :p
    my_name wrote:
    oh yeah, i've heard that one, except i thought it was he swalloed a bunch of pills, lit himself on fire and went to hang himself off a cliff, the rope broke, he fell into the water which put out the fire, hit it at suchy velocity that he threw up then died later of hypothermia.

I wonder how long it will take to search and find it *checks the darwin awards urban legends first*
    yerrr! :p
    did anyone hear the one on the scott mills radio1 show?

this obese woman had been complaining of a rash across her chest. the doctor visited her at her home and examined her chest. there was an awful smell and when he looked under her boobs he found a kipper! apparently she had put it there to defrost but forgot about it. there are also chicken wing/burger versions lol. random.
    lipsy wrote:
    this obese woman had been complaining of a rash across her chest. the doctor visited her at her home and examined her chest. there was an awful smell and when he looked under her boobs he found a kipper!

:lol:, that's pretty disgusting.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit

I've heard a worse version of this, actually.

There's a young woman who lives alone with her dog, and hears on the news about a mental institute escapee in her area. She's not afraid, as the dog would protect her, so she goes to bed. Sometimes she feels the dog get on the bed, and he licks her hand, so she just pets him a bit and goes back to sleep.
    Next morning she finds her dog skinned and hanged from the ceiling in the bathroom, and written with his blood on the mirror is "PSYCHOS LICK HANDS".

The phrase "psychos lick hands" made me laugh like hell. :lol: