Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should I bother doing the resit?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I took my GCSE English resit in November and was 7 marks off a C. I got told today that I could take it again in June, however:
*There won't be any classes at all to help me (But I've been offered help by the Head of English, if I need it)
*I'd have to pay £22 for it
*I'd have to redo ALL of my coursework because it can't be submitted for a third time
*I already have at least 3 exams in June
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's up to you, but for a lot of jobs or courses later you'll need the C grade.
    If you decide to go to college, then you're going to have to re-sit English there anyway to get at least a C. So you could wait until you go to college to take your exam again. But if you aren't considering carrying on with your education, then I think it would be a good idea to re-sit the exam anyway, as most work places do insist on at least a C in English.
    __tink wrote:
    If you decide to go to college, then you're going to have to re-sit English there anyway to get at least a C. So you could wait until you go to college to take your exam again. But if you aren't considering carrying on with your education, then I think it would be a good idea to re-sit the exam anyway, as most work places do insist on at least a C in English.

My dad said a similar thing to me - if I was to go to College of Further Education after 6th form, then I could probably take it there if I wanted to.
    if you feel you'd have time to do it in June then id do it then. Especially as you've been offered help. Yeah you have exams then too but if you wait until you go to college you'll have work/exams then too. I'd personally get it over with asap.
    i would.

a lot of jobs and further education courses these days prefer you to have (or be resitting) english and maths GCSE. you might get on ok without, but for the sake of a wee bit of hard slog and £22, it'll make life a lot easier.

i know someone who only just recently got her C in GCSE maths after something crazy like 10 attempts (she's 25). she thought she might come across badly because of this, but her employers are actually really impressed by it. you gotta admit that shows some determination.
    Yes. Because anyone who wants to go to 6th form/college/work is normally required to have a C or above in English. It's a very important GCSE to have.

Ilora x
    Yes. You've put in a lot of work - you might as well complete it and get the pass.
    a C in english gcse is very important for work and colleges, it apparantly says that you can use english :O