Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The number one question of 2006...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Will thesite clock ever be fixed?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Probably not. I've PM'd Jim v about 2 months ago asking him to do something and it still isnt done. Emailed him and still no reply.
    What does everyone else think is wrong with the clocks?

They seem ok to me :confused:
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    You wish! :p

It's like a novelty, I guess people are used to it now.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Randomgirl wrote:
    What does everyone else think is wrong with the clocks?

They seem ok to me :confused:
    About 5 minutes off.
    Zalbor wrote:
    About 5 minutes off.
    They are the same time as the clock on my PC and about 10 minutes different to my room clock which I set too fast to make me on time for things which is different to my watch which is about 4 minutes out and my phone which is different again.
    Probably not. I've PM'd Jim v about 2 months ago asking him to do something and it still isnt done. Emailed him and still no reply.
    You seem to really care about this. May I ask why? :p
    Over here, you can dial 141 on the phone to hear a voice say the exact national time. Do you have anything like that over there?
    The difference of time between Greece and UK is exactly 2 hours. I just called that number and it said 3:27am, while thesite clock says 3:20.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    We have 123.
    Zalbor wrote:
    Over here, you can dial 141 on the phone to hear a voice say the exact national time. Do you have anything like that over there?
    The difference of time between Greece and UK is exactly 2 hours. I just called that number and it said 3:27am, while thesite clock says 3:20.
    Yes. The talking Clock.

But who cares what the exact time is? I'm off to bed now. I don't care if it's 1.32am, 1.20am, 1.45am.... just that it's bedtime.

Does anybody remember playing What's the Time Mr Wolf? Mmm.... dinnertime :D

But now it's bedtime. Not dinnertime. Night all :wave:
    Good grief... it's only a clock! The time on the server is probably out - someone use netcraft to find what kind of server this site runs on, then email the admin with a guide detailing how to configure the server to use NTP.

For the sake of 5 minutes, I'd quit moaning! :)
    It doesn't bother me personally... I was explaining what the problem is.
    Not really moaning, just pointing out.
    My post wasn't intended at anyone personally - I ran a forum a while ago, and used to get more than a little piddled with the goons who nagged about the little things. :)
    Nobody's ever happy with what you've got to offer! It's just a lesson you have to learn, isn't it? :(
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jazza, you seemed to have a clock obsession last night :p
    Randomgirl wrote:
    You seem to really care about this. May I ask why? :p
    Because I wasnt getting Emails saying YOU HAVE A PM!! etc but now, its fixed. I'ma send Jim V a valentines day card <33
    Including the site I have 6 clocks around me right now, they are all different. 5 minutes hardly bothers me ;) In fact, I never noticed.

Now the real question is though, what do you all think of anal sex? :love::yum::naughty: :chin: :shocking: :eek: :shocking: :flirt:
    Jazza wrote:
    Nobody's ever happy with what you've got to offer! It's just a lesson you have to learn, isn't it? :(

Yes.

I'd never even noticed the clock was out. I suppose i'm a "glass is half full person", and you're a "glass is half empty one"!!!!!
  • Jamie LJamie L Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    Just synched to a stratum 1 server (top of the food chain server when it comes to time) should be fine now.
    manickev wrote:
    Yes.

I'd never even noticed the clock was out. I suppose i'm a "glass is half full person", and you're a "glass is half empty one"!!!!!

I never got this whole thing cause sure it is both,

If you are pouring liquid into the glass then it will be half empty (as in half the glass is still empty meaning you keep pouring) where as if you are drinking from the glass it will be half full (as in i still have half of the liquid in the glass left)
    Jazza, you seemed to have a clock obsession last night :p
    Maybe it was my brain telling me it was time to go to bed! I get quite odd when I'm really tired.

And to the guy with the glass is half empty thing - you're probably right.
    manickev wrote:
    Yes.

But the glass in neither half empty or half full, it is simply twice as large as it needs to be.
    Gavman wrote:
    I never got this whole thing cause sure it is both,

If you are pouring liquid into the glass then it will be half empty (as in half the glass is still empty meaning you keep pouring) where as if you are drinking from the glass it will be half full (as in i still have half of the liquid in the glass left)
    See, I do it the other way round. If I'm pouring into it, I'm FILLING it, so it's half full, if I'm drinking from it, I'm EMPTYING it, so it's half empty.

:yes:
    Franki wrote:
    See, I do it the other way round. If I'm pouring into it, I'm FILLING it, so it's half full, if I'm drinking from it, I'm EMPTYING it, so it's half empty. :yes:
    The art of pedantry is alive, I see?
    Franki wrote:
    See, I do it the other way round. If I'm pouring into it, I'm FILLING it, so it's half full, if I'm drinking from it, I'm EMPTYING it, so it's half empty.

:yes:
    I agree with your logic.