Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much discharge is normal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is for women. How much female discharge is normal on an average day? I have yearly female check ups and the rest of the fun stuff so I know that there is nothing physically "wrong" with me. I just feel as though I discharge more than normal. Always have. I have so much it is always visible and obvious when the day is over. Every once in a while it gets to the point where I can actually feel wet. I apologize for the question being so gross, but I have wondered for years and I thought I would finally ask since here I can do it anonomysly.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have lived with a few girls and they also discharge a fair bit. One in particular near oozes. So I'd say the average is more than you'd think.
    I have lived with a few girls and they also discharge a fair bit. One in particular near oozes. So I'd say the average is more than you'd think.
    wtf???

How do you know?
    wtf???

How do you know?

Good questions...

To be able to do an average you must check shit loads of women first I guess...

For my experience, so far, it has been different everytime...

I know this was a question for women, but nevermind...
    When you do laundry for *counts in head* four... five... six girls and all their knickers look a bit on the 'crusty' side, you assume thats normal for women.

I'd only worry about a discharge's colour and consistency, but I am a quack so what do I know?
    I'm not really sure, I think it a bit like the question we had on here a few weeks back about how often you pass solids, everyone is different and what is normally for you may not be normal for someone else. I would say if there has been no sudden increase and its not making you feel itchy down there and it does not smell. Then I would say its fine (personal opinion).
    This is for women. How much female discharge is normal on an average day? I have yearly female check ups and the rest of the fun stuff so I know that there is nothing physically "wrong" with me. I just feel as though I discharge more than normal. Always have. I have so much it is always visible and obvious when the day is over. Every once in a while it gets to the point where I can actually feel wet. I apologize for the question being so gross, but I have wondered for years and I thought I would finally ask since here I can do it anonomysly.

Hey there

Like t'others have said it will vary from girlie to girlie - and also it'll get more obvious at the middle of the month when you ovulate. For me it can vary, some months I can be fairly dry, but other months I can get quite a lot.

I reckon that so long as there's no pain, no odour and it's a normal colour and isn't lumpy or thick (sorry to be so graphic folks) then you're ok. If it changes then go see your GP.

HTH a bit, petal
    Love cavey
    xx
    it can vary at different times in your cycle, and it can also vary depending on your age. I remember when i was first starting puberty i used to get loads, but now i dont get that much at all apart from at certain times of the month.
    If it smells weird or theres more of it than usual, then get it checked by a doctor.
    When I got my last smear she said mine was naturally quite heavier, heavier than most girls. She offered to quarterise my vad but I politely declined. :shocking:
    She offered to quarterise my vad but I politely declined. :shocking:

You whatta?!
    When you do laundry for *counts in head* four... five... six girls and all their knickers look a bit on the 'crusty' side,

That is such a grosse statement to make :eek2:
    beans wrote:
    You whatta?!

I think that's how you spell it. To quarterise means to close a wound, by putting a lighted splint in there. People that get a lot of nose bleeds can get their noses quartised and it seals it up. She wanted to do that with my lady bits and I was not for havin any of it.
    beans wrote:
    That is such a grosse statement to make :eek2:
    yep, remind me never to let a guy do my laundry. I didnt realised they checked for crusty bits.
    Wonder if he tasted it too?
    cauterised :)
    cauterised :)

smarty.
    I think that's how you spell it. To quarterise means to close a wound, by putting a lighted splint in there. People that get a lot of nose bleeds can get their noses quartised and it seals it up. She wanted to do that with my lady bits and I was not for havin any of it.

I'm with you, there is no way I would let someone cauterised my lady bits either. To be honest I would not be that keen on them doing my nose either.

Oh my gosh! I think the sane answer in this case for anyone would be nooooooooo!
    yep, remind me never to let a guy do my laundry. I didnt realised they checked for crusty bits.

Mmm exactley a quick inspection and comparison before he puts them in for the spin.

HaHa, I don't make a habit of it, but sometimes you just can't help but notice. My ex used to have a lot of discharge pratically all of the time, but it didn't seem to be a problem for her. My current has hardly any. So like everyone else says, different girls are just different I guess.
    beans wrote:
    Mmm exactley a quick inspection and comparison before he puts them in for the spin.
    quick sniff to see if can maybe get an extra day out of it.
    quick sniff to see if can maybe get an extra day out of it.

:yuck:

ohemgee! My secret c*nt crispy addiction is OUT :nervous: :nervous:
    yum.....crispy,yet chewy :lol:

sorry, im so immature.
    I've had my nose cautorized 3 times, twice on one side actually. just a little fact for you all :p Don't think I'd want it done there though :\

But yes, different for each girly girl. And hey, if you think you have a bit too much I bet you don't have to worry about lube too much ;)

And the last section of this thread made me lose my lunch :p
    yum.....crispy,yet chewy :lol:

sorry, im so immature.

Crude is the word, I think. :yuck:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    like rainbow brite, it was different throughout puberty, now i hardly get any. (the things you will share on here lol!)
    i have quite heavy discharge and for years i thought i had candida and had to go through months of not eating yeast, wheat, sugar products and taking loads of herbal remedies for it. But i've had a candida test and a chlymidia test and both came back clear so i've been told that it's just natural. it differs a bit now i'm on the pill but it's still resonably heavy.
    like most have said, it depends on the girl. I vary rarely get any, so when i do i tend to think that something is wrong. However, i did find that my discharge changed when i used a different shower gel. I switched to the 'simple' brand soap, and things have cleared right up.