Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ghb

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
Right, who's got experience with this shit?

It's pretty much the only popular drug I've yet to try, simply because I havn't come across it. That however, is about to change.

Just want to know what people feelings on it are?

Cheers.
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well i've never tried it but turlough has and a few of his mates and they said it was quite fucked up but that was after a few drinks.

I'd say it'd be quite good if you took it easy and sensible.....

A few of my cousins got spiked with it and they didn't quite like it.

Let us know how it was skive.
    Well it's alright on it's own, bit like E's, you get the euphoria but not the "lets go nuts" buzz with it...very surreal...mix it with alcohol and you start seeing in double vision and be dissorientated with everytinhg, I vomitted on it with alcohol...I can see why it's used as a date rape drug but on it's own, it's fine and dandy.
    I used to use it when it was legal, when you could get decent supply, I dont trust black market cooks.

The drug itself is virtually harmless, it has no toxic by products and is easily broken down in the body so doesnt put a strain on any of the organs. The only exception to this is the kidneys if you use a lot because GHB comes as a sodium salt (normally you can get other salts of the drug too). This can mean that you are ingesting a lot of salt, which obviously isnt great for you. But as long as you're not necking back 20g a day that isnt much of a concern.

First of all it is not a drug which mixes all that well with others. Never ever ever, not even slightly mix it with other downers, you will pass out, vomit and possibly die.

It can be mixed with MDMA, though be careful, mixing upers with downers isnt great for the body. I've heard it is good with cocaine, but never tried it.

It can go with cannabis, you just end up feeling quite a lot more stoned.

As for dose, try and find out the concentration of the liquid, dont accept 'one cap is a dose' because you need to know what a dose is.

The dose is between 1.5 and 3g depending on how full your stomach is and how big you are. It is considerably more effective if you have an empty stomach, in that way it is quite like alcohol.

The effects should come on in about 10-20 mins, peak at the 1+ to 2+ hour mark, then fade and normally are totally gone at the 4 hour mark.

You can re-dose, but be careful, the dosage curve is steep and too much will knock you out.

How much are you paying for it out of interest?
    Like I said, its safe if you know what dose you are taking, dont be stupid and you dont mix it with other drugs.

It can be habit forming though, so dont do it too often.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    bongbudda wrote:
    How much are you paying for it out of interest?

I'm not. Some lads I know are making it for themselves, the same lads who made DMT a few years back.
    Weekender Offender 
    When i've bought it before it was between a 5er and a 10er for a nice sized bottle. The only probelm is you don't know the concentration, so you either go steady or let bad things happen. Alot of people say don't mix with alcohol, while yes it could get very bad if you are careless and silly, but if you are careful a very enjoyable experience can be had.
    But you must be careful, not a drug to chug down and think everythings going to be ok.
    Yeh the doasge is very small...don't down it like beer.
    Pretty much everything has been said, but I'll be another person to give it the thumbs up. It is dose sensitive but I found I had quite a high tolerance, what I was told to take didn't do much, so I tried higher doses but then it was very dose sensitive.

As bong said, be careful because it can be quite moreish!
    From my expirence, it's too sedating to be any good. I only tried it once though, with alcohol :(
    I rather enjoy a good sedated buzz myself... :thumb:
    Nash wrote:
    Alot of people say don't mix with alcohol, while yes it could get very bad if you are careless and silly, but if you are careful a very enjoyable experience can be had.

Do you know why a lot of people say not to mix it with alcohol? Because its fucking stupid thats why and its an easy way to top yourself.

Skive; if you know the cooks, make sure they are using good quality materials, you cant skimp and save, not without producing a dodgy end product. Be careful, it may look simple, but it can be nasty.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Do you know why a lot of people say not to mix it with alcohol?
    Yes I do thankyou very much. I never said it was advisable I said an enjoyable experience could be had.
    Nash wrote:
    Yes I do thankyou very much. I never said it was advisable I said an enjoyable experience could be had.

Sticking your head in a gas oven might be enjoyable, doesnt mean its not stupid and dangerous.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I have to agree with Bongbudda here Nash, its a public message board and you were as good as recommending the experience, which is a bit irresponsible.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I have to agree with Bongbudda here Nash, its a public message board and you were as good as recommending the experience, which is a bit irresponsible.

Just a bit irresponsible? The dosage curve of GHB is steep enough on its own, let alone with alcohol, its a worse combo than alcohol and benzo's.
    LJ and bong i think you two always take a considerable amount of time running over things to start a debate.

Im not saying your wrong in doing this but it just seems that every time someone suggests something, and even if the say that its not recommended, you's will always restate the same thing about 3 or 4 times.

correct me if im wrong

As much I like debating, I dont nit pick just for the sake of it (often). Nash was saying that mixing alcohol and GHB can be 'very enjoyable' something I thought was (although maybe true in his case) a stupid thing to say because of the risks.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    You aren't shy in joining in either everwonderwhy ;)

Its all about clarity, if you consider that people come on here to get information and may only look at one thread, it is important in terms of harm minimisation to get the information right. You may find it a bit boring, but it is essential IMO.
    never tried it but ...it sounds very tempting ...
    ok ...describe the buzz ...please.
    I've never taken GHB, although i definitely remember being offered it once by someone i know...i've forgotten who that was now...and i've started wondering if i actually took it and just woke up thinking i had just got mega-pished.

Would this be possible :confused:

I've certainly heard it's vaguely similar to being extremely drunken?
    Spliffie wrote:
    i've started wondering if i actually took it and just woke up thinking i had just got mega-pished.

dose sensative?
    i already enjoy those kinda things.

i want to here more ...ish.
    Spliffie wrote:
    I've never taken GHB, although i definitely remember being offered it once by someone i know...i've forgotten who that was now...and i've started wondering if i actually took it and just woke up thinking i had just got mega-pished.

It doesnt have a hang over as such, so if you took a large dose and then woke up you wouldnt feel the same as if you took a large dose of alcohol.

No, its not like being extremely drunk, certainly it can be very intoxicating in higher doses but the effects are different from being drunk.

It largely acts on the GABBA response, so in that way its a bit similar to benzo's, but there isnt the emotional detachment or mind fogging of that.
    bongbudda wrote:
    It doesnt have a hang over as such, so if you took a large dose and then woke up you wouldnt feel the same as if you took a large dose of alcohol.

No, its not like being extremely drunk, certainly it can be very intoxicating in higher doses but the effects are different from being drunk.

It largely acts on the GABBA response, so in that way its a bit similar to benzo's, but there isnt the emotional detachment or mind fogging of that.
    will i like it ...will it shut the wife up?
    whats the downside of it?