Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

People not being able to use TheSite...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
At first I thought it was just Infinite, but I was just trying to link one of my non-member friends to a thread, and it came up with "unidentifiable server". Infinite can't get on to the main site either.

He's tried using other browsers, etc, but to no avail.

Thought I would mention it...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just had the database error, couldnt get on for about 10 minutes or so, but now it's working fine again .... ( thought i'd stick it in here rather than open a new thread and clutter the place up ) ;)
    EDN1 wrote:
    I just had the database error, couldnt get on for about 10 minutes or so, but now it's working fine again .... ( thought i'd stick it in here rather than open a new thread and clutter the place up ) ;)

I've had the same over the past few days.
    I've had the same over the past few days.

I havent had it for a while in fact but yesterday i noticed a significant slowdown of pages loading, and it was only with the site, forums & threads not loading etc, then today it gave me the database error.
    Most useful thing right now is to post details of the isp being used for anyone with a problem - there is obviously something happening and it's a nightmare for us to track down the cause.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    EDN1 wrote:
    I havent had it for a while in fact but yesterday i noticed a significant slowdown of pages loading, and it was only with the site, forums & threads not loading etc, then today it gave me the database error.

Ooooh, I have had that recently. The pages take a very long time to load and sometimes I just get so fed up I close the window :|

Our ISP is Demon. I don't know what else to tell you about it, tbh.
    Ooooh, I have had that recently. The pages take a very long time to load and sometimes I just get so fed up I close the window :|

Our ISP is Demon. I don't know what else to tell you about it, tbh.

Yeah that's what i end up doing, I get impatient sometimes :p

My ISP is Telewest. This is something i've only noticed very recently, with pages slow to load or just attempting to load and giving up. Only sometimes does closing the window and re-opening another one actually help i find.
    Today has been quite annoying, as the pages are "sticking" when posting replies to threads. It's Demon the ISP, but all the other bits work smoothly, just not posting.
    Mine has been OK since I mentioned it... but I'm with NTL.
    i have occasional issues with bt yahoo broadband