Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Camden!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Am out in Camden tonight (going to the World's End) and was wondering if there's anything to do after the pubs close (apparently the World's End closes at half ten)... Or anywhere in general to check out whist we're there.

Where's fairly cheap? The thing is we're not all that gothy (I'm more alternative, but not hardcore goth) and apparently some places have rules on the door about that.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    smoke some crack down by the canal?
    There's a club underneath worlds end ... don't know if its open on a sunday.

Do a search for the clubs and see what music they're playing tonight ... electric ballroom, barfly etc.
    Gah!

Apparently the tube to Camden is closed after 5:30 and the roads close too, or something... So Camden's a nono...

There aren't any other rock areas/rock pubs around are there?
    dunno bout round there, but you could try the Intrepid Fox in Soho (long time goth pub) or the Crobar off Charing Cross Rd (metal/rock bar)
    Crobar :love:

I'm also a fan of the Eerie pubs around london - although I'm guessing they close at 11:30...

Ilora x
    There are loads of places to go to in Camden that meet your requirements.

The club next to the World's End is called Camden Underworld and is usually good fun. There are many pubs/bars along the high street, and around the lock there are several music venues/bars/clubs that are worth a visit.

Most of all I would recommend Camden Palace (now called Koko) which is at the bottom of Camden High Street (Mornington Crescent Tube) and regularly holds decent gigs and quality nights.

Other than that the Ice Wharf at Camden Lock is the best Lloyds bar in London - and thats saying something! :thumb:
    The Purple Turtle has been quite good the few times I've stumbled into it, thats round the corner from Mornington Crescent tube.
    So I'm guessing Camden is pretty big then?