Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The real derby

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Man Utd 1 - 0 Liverpool

Goalscorer supremo Rio in the last minute :thumb: .

Liverpool pissed on us in midfield but that was always expected with O'Shea and Giggs as the central midfield pair :eek2: . But for all their possession I don't remember Van der Sar having to make a save. :lol: @ Cisse the joke.

Very happy with the result considering the players we were missing. Rooney was brilliant and Rio was at his imperious best. Pleased with Giggs as well. Fair play to Fergie for taking the initiative and bringing on Saha for O'Shea at half time. Gerrard was kept relatively quiet in the second half as well. Thought Sissokko was very dirty and should have went for a second yellow when he went studs first on Giggs - ref bottled it. Gerrard was dirty as well.

Hopefully we can kick on from here and really push for that 2nd spot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know how Man Utd keep doing that against Liverpool. Same as in the cup six years ago, a totally wrong win.

Completely undeserved, to say Gerrard and Sissoko were dirty is a total joke. Cisse really showed his class.

At least for once Man Utd didn't blatantly cheat. They just jammed a win. Oh well.
    Kermit wrote:
    I don't know how Man Utd keep doing that against Liverpool. Same as in the cup six years ago, a totally wrong win.

Lol - cup finals eh? Cunt aren't they.

Completely undeserved, to say Gerrard and Sissoko were dirty is a total joke. Cisse really showed his class.

Gerrard wasn't too bad but Sissoko was dirty. Alonso was cynical when Giggs skinned the fuck out of him as well.

At least for once Man Utd didn't blatantly cheat. They just jammed a win. Oh well.

About time we started jammin some wins. :thumb:
    Decided to put a wee wager on Man Utd just for the fuck of it, so glad they won :thumb:

Wasn't that much of an entertaining game I thought, apart from Cisse's absolute sitter :lol:
    Kermit wrote:
    Cisse really showed his class.

Even as a Liverpool man, I have to check that you're taking the Michael?? :eek: I hope so!
    cisse was shit, crouch was a threat i dont know why raffa always takes him off.

the late goal was cruel on liverpool, who had been the better team throughout the game
    yeah we were lucky but it was great goal by rio, i was watching the game with a few liverpool fans which made it even more special........they controlled the game pretty well, but our central midfield is too soft these days, missing keane and scholes badly........just glad that liverpool's strikers are utter shite, cisse should have buried it and apart from that chance van der sar didnt have much to do.......giggs still playing amazing for his age as well, great game.
    Possession doesn't win you matches. Chances win you matches, and I don't think Liverpool can really say they created any. Neither did we but we showed more endeavour and willingness to win, expecially in the last 20 minutes. We deserved it for our never give up attitude. I don't see how people think Liverpool deserved it. Passing around your own half with no ambition doesn't equate to deserving a victory. Liverpool are the safest (and most boring) team in the premiership.
    addicted7 wrote:
    Gerrard wasn't too bad

Apart from the cynical trip of Rooney, when he should have been booked, and the two footed tackle on Evra, for which he should also have been booked.

He may have won the ball, but I thought it was a bad tackle and was surprised that the ref didn't even give a free kick. Perhaps that's why Rooney only got a Yellow for his lunge near the end...

Cracking result though...
    olaola wrote:
    cisse was shit, crouch was a threat i dont know why raffa always takes him off.

Me neither. Cisse was having an absolute stinker. If he's a 14 million pound striker I'm a ham sandwich. His performance was nothing short of embarrassing. The sooner he bogs off and leave us alone the better. if he spent half as much time practising his football as he did getting his damn hair cut, he'd be a world beater. Tosser :impissed:
    Pretty shit game all in all. I also think Liverpool deserved the win but there you go, Man U always seem to come up with late winners in games like that.

Sissoko's "stud showing" challenge wasn't dirty in the slightest, he's tried blocking the ball in the only way it was possible, giggs has got there a fraction of a second before him hooked the ball away n basically kicked the bottom of sissoko's boot. Sissoko didn't blatently go through with his stoods showing.

Cisse is a waste of money and waste of space, I'm finding hard to work out who the biggest waste of money is between cisse n drogba, I always thought drogba but now am not sure. I thought the first substitution should have being replacing cisse with morientes. Am I right in thinking this is Liverpools usual starting pair up front??

Thought Gerrards tackle on evra was a beauty, ball and then man, perfect solid english tackle. He was cynical against best mate roooooon. Rooney's was a last ditch challenge that needed to be made and i've seen people walk for less but ref seemed fair throughout and was consistent with his bookings etc. Simliar kind of challenge Alonso made and got away with a yellow.

Would have loved Liverpool to win cos thought they were the team that might be able to get close to chelsea, don't think man u have it in them at the moment to be honset.
    Gary Nevilles a fucking tosser.
    GoodFella wrote:
    Stating the obvious :thumb: :lol:
    olaola wrote:
    crouch was a threat i dont know why raffa always takes him off.

I heard one of the commentators say he had a dead leg, that's why he was brought off.

Fucking pussy.
    On the fanzone part on sky sports someone texted in a funny text about Crouch during the game.

What does Cinderella and Crouch have in common? They both run away from the ball.

Boom boom.

Hehe made me chuckle
    GoodFella wrote:
    On the fanzone part on sky sports someone texted in a funny text about Crouch during the game.

What does Cinderella and Crouch have in common? They both run away from the ball.

Boom boom.

Hehe made me chuckle

After Gilberto's performance on Saturday I don't think we should be laughing about players running away from the ball. :impissed:
    GoodFella wrote:

Haha - just because none of your players are passionate about your club :razz: .

The scousers give him vile abusive shit during the whole match and when we finally score he lets them know just how good it feels. I hate the way everyone has went all Daily Mail over this one. IMO we need to see more of the club loving die-hards in the premiership, instead of all these wage collecting numpties. A bit of passion never goes amiss.

The chant doesn't go:

#Gary Neville is a red, he's quite impartial towards scousers#
    GoodFella wrote:

He's one of those players who wears his heart on his sleeve. If he played for your club you'd love him, every one else hates him. Most clubs have at least one cult hero like that. Neville is ours. Gerrard did the same thing a few years ago when he scored the winner in the carling cup final. It hurt like hell, but probably not as much as the abuse from United fans hurt him that day.

I remember when Shearer scored for Newcastle against Man U when they beat us 5-0 about 8 or 9 years back, and doing the exact same thing. The media made a bit of a fuss then, but he did it because he loves his club, and also because United fans sang abusive songs about him because he snubbed them. Neville got his chance yesterday, although he probably did go a bit too far.

If you played for your local club, and the fans of your biggest rivals sang abusive songs about your mum and dad, questioned your sexuality or called you ugly, you'd probably want to shove it up them when you got the chance.

And to the scouse vermin who were singing about George Bests death, I hope you rot you low life wankers.
    I'd like to see Neville get a 5 or 6 match ban for what he did. Despicable actions, and one the FA should not tolerate.

It's Gary Neville though, so he won't even get a telling off. He should get at least what Fowler got- a 4 match ban- but as we're dealing with FA's darling club here, he won't get anything. The precedent is what Fowler got for sticking it to the Everton fans, and that is the punishment Neville should get as a bare minimum.

I would say I'd wait for baited breath, but I'd probably suffocate before the FA ever punish a Man Yoo player properly.

As Carragher says, Neville only gets the abuse because he acts like a prick to everyone. Swearing at Everton fans, starting fights with Vieira and then running away like a pussy, cowering behind Keane, organising an England "strike" because Ferdinand got a disgustingly lenient punishment- that's why Neville should be getting a significant ban, and that's why everyone hates him. He's like Savage- he's not hated because of who he plays for, he hated because he's an obnoxious troglodyte.

I'd also like to know why GMP's "Letter of Concern" doesn't extend to prosecuting the stuck-up twerp.
    Kermit wrote:
    I'd like to see Neville get a 5 or 6 match ban for what he did. Despicable actions, and one the FA should not tolerate.

:lol: You're taking the piss right?

Sure why don't we go the whole way and ban players from celebrating altogether. Fuck it, if you score against your bitter rivals in the last minute, why not just give the opposition a consoling hug and walk calmly back to your own half. Let's do away with all this passion in the game, because it can surely only be bad for the game. Let's turn football into bowls.

Had it been that gimp Carragher who popped up with a 90th minute winner you can be sure he'd let our fans know. And fair fucks to him as well. I wouldn't be losing any sleep about it.

Man Utd - Liverpool and other rivalries are one of the best things about football. It will be a terrible day when football is turned into a politically correct shitefest. Long may the passion continue, and long may the numpties get their knickers in a twist about it.

Get. Over. It.
    I think the Neville situation is being blown out of proportions. He's certainly not the first one to taunt the crowds. Only last week Robbie Fowler was doing the same to Man U fans.

There has to be a limit of course, for the sake of crowd safety. Sticking two fingers and giving the wanker sign to a crowd can be seen as inciting violence.

If the FA wants to stop all taunting to opposition fans, they should make it clear first to all players and give a deadline beyond which no further action will be tolerated. If Neville was to get done for this there would be no end of players from virtually every other team in the football league who should also get done.
    This stuff about Neville is bollocks, more attempts to sterilise football, no clebrations, no contact etc etc......

He celebrated a goal, so what, like Al says if he had sworn at the Scousers then fair enough but all he did was punch his fist and kiss his badge.

I am sure the Scouse got a lot worse from the Man Utd fans nearest to them abnd out side the gorunds, but I didn't here any stories of violence.......
    From what I saw there was nothing wrong in what Neville did. The crumb of comfort Pool fans can take is that his badge grab very nearly became an advert for Vodafone.

The difference between Neville and Robben is that Robben very nearly caused a crush at the bottom of the stands as the CSKA Fulham fans charged towards him. At OT the away fans are quite a fair way from the pitch are they not and I didn't hear of any trouble after the match.

Carragher is a fine one to talk though, it wasn't too long ago he threw a coin into the crowd at Highbury.
    addicted7 wrote:
    :lol: You're taking the piss right?

If Fowler got the book thrown at him for it, then Neville should too.

And I don't like bleating about it too much, but if our keeper gets sent off and a three match ban for it, that's the very least Neville should be punished with.

I quite agree about the passion, Fowler shouldn't have been punished for snorting the touchline. Our keeper shouldn't be sent off. Fans should receive as good as they get.

But if we've got these rules, then the FA should treat the luvvies at its darling club the same as everyone else. And they don't.
    Kermit wrote:
    . He's like Savage- he's not hated because of who he plays for, he hated because he's an obnoxious troglodyte.

Exactly right. A right pair of numbskulls and would be hated by the masses whatever shirt they pulled on.
    Neville didn't imitate drug use or give gestures towards the fans. He just celebrated.

I thought Fowler's celebration was a classic, but I can see why the FA would frown upon him pretending to snort cocaine in front of young fans. Incidentally, Fowler celebrated in front of our fans when he scored in the derby last week. No action or uproar then. I'm thinking this story is just getting out of hand because it's United and the scousers are trying to divert attention away from their hard to take defeat.

Banning people from celebrating in front of opposition fans is a load of shite. Sanitisation of football in general is a load of shite.
    He's been charged

I think that's just silly, personally.
    Aladdin wrote:
    He's been charged

I think that's just silly, personally.

Look's like the FA has pandered to the the sanitisation brigade again.

So much for the FA not bothering with our players. :yeees:
    manickev wrote:
    Neville is ours. Gerrard did the same thing a few years ago when he scored the winner in the carling cup final. It hurt like hell, but probably not as much as the abuse from United fans hurt him that day.

I think you give yourselves a little too much credit there! You think poor Stevie went home and cried into his milk and said 'those horrible people were saying things about me'? Hmm, that'll be right :thumb:
    Museman wrote:
    I think you give yourselves a little too much credit there! You think poor Stevie went home and cried into his milk and said 'those horrible people were saying things about me'? Hmm, that'll be right :thumb:

Not quite what I meant. I mean that the abuse the fans gave to Gerrard probably pushed him over the edge into doing that celebration. I think once the players are off the pitch, they probably don't care. But if 40,000 opposition fans were abusing me or my family, and I scored a crucial goal against them, wouldn't you possibly be tempted to stick it up them?

If that had been against any other club than Liverpool or City, Neville would have ran and joined in with the rest of his team mates. Scouse fans singing songs about Neville Neville shagging Phil and Gary up the arse over the years have got to have wound him up, as the abuse United fans give to Gerrard/Fowler/Shearer undoubtedly lead to their goal celebrations against us having that extra edge. A lot of this goes back to the previous thread about fans singing abusive songs - the scousers were calling Gary Neville all game, and also singing a song about Georgie Best. This is going to wind players up. The perfect response, which most players exercise week in week out would be to walk away and not let it affect them - but on occasions, as in real life, people snap.

The FA have got to sort their act out. One player does it and there is an enquiry, the next, they say the referee included it in his report and the player was booked so no further action can be taken. I'm not sure where you'd draw the line with it, but the rules on this have to be changed and stuck to more consistently.

What Gary Neville did was stupid, and the FA will now punish him, but we will see several other players do the same thing this season, and get off scot free.
    manickev wrote:
    The FA have got to sort their act out. One player does it and there is an enquiry, the next, they say the referee included it in his report and the player was booked so no further action can be taken. I'm not sure where you'd draw the line with it, but the rules on this have to be changed and stuck to more consistently.
    I think this is strange aswell, the referee might "see" an incident and book a player but the TV replays from various different angles could prove that a player should have actually being given a straight red but because of the refs report the players yellow doesn't get upgraded. I think the FA should use TV replays after the game on every occasion where the refs decision is under question, both to upgrade and downgrade bookings/sendings off.