Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Babyliss Colour Lights question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

For ages now I've wanted to try out having some random coloured streaks in my hair but haven't had the nerve/cash to do it yet. I then thought about getting some removable extensions to experiment and found these on the Boots website which I think look pretty cool. My question is (and it may be a stupid one I know) - once I've used an extension and then take it out of my hair, can I re-use it? Or will I have to keep buying new ones?

Cheers! :wave:

Comments

• Options
    Tbh, I don't have any experience with these, BUT I was in Boots yesterday, and I saw a Babyliss Colour something replacement box.... I couldn't tell you if it was the same product but I'd guess at it being a yes, you will need to. :)
  • Options
    you can only use them once and i really wouldn't reccomend them as after you've washed your hair once they go ratty and look really silly cos the wax ends are so big it look like you have a lumpy head
    also taking them out has proved quite stressful - one time i literally had to pull the extension, with my hair attached to it out of my scalp - was rather painful!

you can get clip in ones that are reuseable, wont make you bald and are cheaper
  • Options
    My friend got one of these for Christmas, and we thought it'd be really cool,

But its reeeally fiddly and a bit difficult to put them in, well we found it to be anyway. And what paperb said is right, the ends of them are quite big and stick up out of your hair, unless you put them right underneath like we did.

But yeah you can only use them once and then you have to buy a refill pack if you run out.

I've had extensions like that before (but much nicer and not so noticeable where they're stuck in) at my hairdressers and they only cost £2 each, I'd rather do that to be honest!

x
  • Options
    Cheers for this advice guys, glad I asked you before impulse-buying. I've actually been after the clip-on ones for ages too but don't know where to get them from, does anyone know?
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you so much. These are exactly what I wanted! :thumb: