Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Procrastination is the theif of time.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right so I have two 1500 word coursework essays due in tomorrow. And I haven't started either. They're not particularly difficult, but I just can't seem to make myself do them. I'm all ready to go, got books from the library, pringles, coffee, ribena, chocolate and 25 cigs, but I just don't want to do it. MAKE ME! anyhoo what are you skivvers all avoiding at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    Currently avoiding doing my Final Year University Project that I need to carry on with. It's sitting here all open, i've spent too much time stuck on this one bit though. Bah.
  • Options
    *is avoiding nothing* done all of my coursework (1 piece) and have NO work to hand in; only a book and a folder.

And why on earth haven't you started your essay yet? Or are all uni students like this?!
  • Options
    ive got a 2000 word essay to do.. but its not due in for another week yet :) i do keep meaning to start it but i just know im gonna leave it til the last minute like you!
  • Options
    [QUOTE=Chart Freak Or are all uni students like this?![/QUOTE]

:yes: most of the ones i know are, me included!
  • Options
    avoiding my tps reports. work bores me :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Procrastination is indeed the work of the devil. It is far too easy to do and I get sucked in very easily :(
  • Options
    Well one of them I didnt actually find out about until sunday (oops missed that class before xmas) and I just kept putting it off. God I'm terrible. Grah>;p
  • Options
    Homework for college tomorrow; my 3500 word project which I have to do by april.
  • Options
    omg I spelt thief wrong. And I'm a language student *hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    omg I spelt thief wrong. And I'm a language student *hangs head in shame*

i before e except after c :p
  • Options
    *coughsmartarsemandacough*
  • Options
    *coughsmartarsemandacough*

WHy does everybody keep calling me that. My parents, my boyfriend, my pet simba, you... I swear my head must be smarter than my ass :( EIther that or my ass in a genius ;) So what kind of things go along with a language student?
  • Options
    I am currently avoiding my analytical chemistry coursework that I need to resubmit by Friday or fail the module.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    WHy does everybody keep calling me that. My parents, my boyfriend, my pet simba, you... I swear my head must be smarter than my ass :( EIther that or my ass in a genius ;) So what kind of things go along with a language student?
    i reckon your ass is a genius!

this kinda thing

Assess the impact sixteen years on of the German Reunification on the countrys culture.
  • Options
    its thief by the way

i before e and all that jazz
  • Options
    read the rest of the thread g :p
  • Options
    read the rest of the thread g :p

doesnt that just make you even more wrong, that im yet another person to point it out :lol:
  • Options
    i reckon your ass is a genius!

this kinda thing

Assess the impact sixteen years on of the German Reunification on the countrys culture.

Interesting... *backs away slowly* :p
  • Options
    Oh the other one is

Give examples of recurring symbols in Grimms Fairytales and discuss their importance.

wooyar:D you love it manda...you're just jealous :(
  • Options
    Oh the other one is

Give examples of recurring symbols in Grimms Fairytales and discuss their importance.

wooyar:D you love it manda...you're just jealous :(

I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight becasue you won't let me write that paper for you :(
  • Options
    putting off revision for my exam that I have tommorrow morning :impissed:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

I read that as "Assess the impact of sixteen year-olds on German Reunification and the countrys culture."

That would be better.
  • Options
    I find that if you procrastinate until the day after it has to be in then it's a lot less work
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    I find that if you procrastinate until the day after it has to be in then it's a lot less work

And it always turns out better. I never got less than a B on the papers I had done the night before/day of. C's on the other stuff.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    And it always turns out better. I never got less than a B on the papers I had done the night before/day of. C's on the other stuff.

yeah i always used to do work last minute and get decent marks compared to when i took time before to do it... not allowed to miss dead lines anymore though so failing might be on the agenda :/
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    yeah i always used to do work last minute and get decent marks compared to when i took time before to do it... not allowed to miss dead lines anymore though so failing might be on the agenda :/

coursework I can handle... just not exams. I'm just really bad at them!
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Replicant wrote:
    coursework I can handle... just not exams. I'm just really bad at them!

I am bad at both... im fucked, aren't I?
  • Options
    Finance assignment has been top priority when it comes to procrastinating today. Thankfully a statistics test was cancelled tomorrow which only leaves the work law one that I can't be bothered with. I don't think I _can_ revise for it anyway.

But the finance... ack. Was due at 8 tomorrow morning but got delayed until 19 and one group member wanted to put working on it off to revise for the stupid test. We haven't got a clue what we're doing and she wants to delay thinking about it. Blah.
  • Options
    my hands are shaking ive had so much coffee and i still havent started hahahahahha
  • Options
    could be a long night for you then! ;)