Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Woo!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Went to the cinema this evening... and got in free cos the heating was broken!!! :D It was cold, and I still have no feeling in my legs... but still have 5 pounds I wouldn't have had!!! :yippe:

The things you do to save a fiver...

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Fuck that. The cinema is uncomfortable at the best of times.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The cineworld cinemas are alright yknow. Comfy. And the vue at Starcity round here is the bomb.
    Skive wrote:
    Fuck that. The cinema is uncomfortable at the best of times.
    :yes:

Closest to comfortable i've had in a cinema is slightly bigger chairs in the Vue here. The rest are just shite for comfort though.
    we have a vue just down the road and its good... wouldnt say no to a free film even if you had to sit in the cold!
    on the subject of free things, we got a free pizza at pizza hut last week :)
    WHen I saw Saw2, there were some drunk people in the back so even though they were kicked out and arrested, the man complained and they gave us 2 free tickets to see anything, whenever.
    i got free tickets once, we were watching the mummy and the film messed up about 5 minutes from the end and it just stopped running or crashed or something so everyone got free tickets.

btw, lu c - any thing to do with luna c?
    my_name wrote:
    WHen I saw Saw2, there were some drunk people in the back so even though they were kicked out and arrested, the man complained and they gave us 2 free tickets to see anything, whenever.
    That's cool...
    We went to watch Matrix Revolutions at the cinema, and just as we got to the end of the seemingly never-ending adverts, the fire akarm went off and we had to evacuate the building! So everyone got a free ticket each, and you could either go back in and watch the film after the fire brigade had done their thing, or have your money back...was pretty happy with their customer service :yes:
    The cineworld cinemas are alright yknow. Comfy. And the vue at Starcity round here is the bomb.

I believe it is "da bomb"

The cinemas in Fiji are the best. They're cheaper and get films 6 months before England.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When I went to see the Hulk, there was a power outage 5 minutes before the movie ended! They said we could wait for the power to get back, or get free tickets for the next day's screening.
    I waited... 20 minutes to watch 5 :blush:
    The cinema I go to is pretty comfy actually skive... :D
    icey wrote:
    btw, lu c - any thing to do with luna c?
    erm... no. :confused:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    icey wrote:
    any thing to do with luna c?

'Six day on the run'

Looks like Spud.

A-150-38469-1114336477.jpg
    Weekender Offender 
    i saw king kong for free not long ago with 3 mates we just walked in and no one said a word.....