Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Excercise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What excersise do you do?

I am just doing yoga atm but joining the gym when I get paid.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i go to the gym 3x a week (sometimes 4 if i can be bothered going on sundays!)
    i have an aerodance class on mondays.. and on the 2/3 days when i dont do either of those things - i do a btit of exercise (sit ups, twists, lunges etc) at home in my room :) im on a fitness streak!!
    I used to be ultra fit, then for about 2 years I did absoutly nothing. Now for the last month I've been going to the gym to do cardio, resistance and chill in the hot tub 3x a week and take a yoga class at the gym the other 3 days a week (minus sunday) I don't see results yet but I feel great, and thats good enough.
    I do horseback riding. However, that doesn't really qualify as exercising, but around it I run around closing gates, pulling gates through snow and mucking out. Nothing proper but keeps me alive.

However, I have been trying to swim more and need to do strengthening exercises for my back. Uni is practically killing it and I'm being told to fight back by a friend who has gone through this before.

I miss Taekwondo. Would love to start again but living in the middle of nowhere has its drawbacks.
    Walk between 6 and 10 miles a day, that is walking to and from work and then working (I clean hotel rooms so it's relatively hard.) and 100 sit-ups a night. That's about it.
    gym 4-5 times a week + superfluous cycling
    Sprint swimming training 2 hours/day 5 days a week
    lifting/running/core 1 1/2 hours 3 days a week
    Karate 3 times a week. Weights 2-3 times a week, core exercises and a run alternative days (if I have the time) and I walk the dog lots.
    Go to college gym one hour a week (only time i have free while at college!!), and my local gym i go to 5 times a week and go to classes - boxercise and body combat (non-contact martial arts). Also go swimming while im there - that is killing my hair :( I love going to the gym because i know its good for me :) And joining marines soon so gotta be able to do press-ups, sit-ups, running and swimming. :crazyeyes

My new boyfriend is a personal fitess trainer working at fitness first, so he trains me :love:
    Hopefully back into full routine i will be

Walk/run with the dog 7 days a week
    horse riding 6 days a week
    gym 2 days a week
    pilates once a week
    swimming once a week
    And the occasional run in there as well.

I'm also doing two runs for cancer research this year and want to try to get my times down.
    I've just recieved a Yoga DVD and a book on pilates, I think I'll give them a spin.
    I've just recieved a Yoga DVD and a book on pilates, I think I'll give them a spin.

Where you get them from?
    The book on pilates my mother saw and sent, knowing I like the whole mind/body/spirit thing.

The Yoga DVD was lent by a girl who stayed a couple of nights here, but I can't seem to find it rigt now. I wonder if she took it with her by accident? :chin:
    How can you all find the time to do so much excersise - buy the time i've gotten home from work its 7 in the evening if I add on cooking tea on to that its almost time to go to bed (If I add on doing a fitness video that makes it about 9 when i sit down to eat my tea).

Plus i do guides one evening a week and spanish another and weekends area spent cleaning the house, Fridays is for going out so that leaves 2 nights a week to excersise in as long as i dont' want to see any of my friends and family instead.
    Wyetry wrote:
    How can you all find the time to do so much excersise - buy the time i've gotten home from work its 7 in the evening if I add on cooking tea on to that its almost time to go to bed (If I add on doing a fitness video that makes it about 9 when i sit down to eat my tea).

Plus i do guides one evening a week and spanish another and weekends area spent cleaning the house, Fridays is for going out so that leaves 2 nights a week to excersise in as long as i dont' want to see any of my friends and family instead.

Home for work at 5:30, go to the gym either around 6 or 7, go out to eat at a place nearby the gym, home by 8 or 9 then watch tv till bed.

If you dont get out of work till 7 I'm guessing you start work later in the day, 10 or 11 maybe? Could work out in the am.
    The exercise I can do is limited by muscle disorders etc that I have. When I do full on exercise, it can't really tend to be any more regularly than every 2 weeks as it can damage my muscles further and I'm in a hell of alot of pain!!

So, to keep my weight healthy and make me slightly toned... I dance. Not classes or anything. I'll just dance everywhere. Around my room when I'm cleaning, getting dressed, in the shower occasionally if I can hear music in the next room! I even dance at college now during our practical sessions. I don't make it big thing, I just bop around to the music as I'm going about doing other things. I actually was just dancing making a cup of tea. Now all I need is a new mp3 player so I can actually dance to music ;)
    I've just done 45 minutes of pilates, it really is different to anything I've done before. Very challenging but I feel like it will do me good if I incorperate it into my routine.

I did look like an idiot on an exercise mat though. At least with yoga yoga get cool positions.
    I really like pilates. I usually do cv or weight work and it just makes a nice change to work the muscles differently. Tip though, don't go feeling hungry as i did it once and my tum rumbled throughout :blush: Not good in a quiet class ;)