Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can you apply to UCAS twice??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
There are 2 courses I would like to transfer to in Sept but both are highly oversubscribed and will only consider u if they're put as ur 1st choice on the route B Ucas form. It never hit me before but u can apply to Ucas twice (officially OR unofficially) to do this? I think its a wonderful idea. Anyone agree?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    think so
    Not in the same year I dont think. But if you want to change to a different Uni then yes, you can. I did that last year because I couldnt just transfer as I was completely changing course and starting again. However, because I left it late, I couldnt actually put down any choices, I just had to do it so I got sent a clearing form.
    Is route B the art one though? Because that could be different...
    You can apply for up to six courses on one application. That's the rules, and as far as I know, there are no exceptions unless in exceptional circumstances. You'd best speak to UCAS directly about this.
  • KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    stargalaxy wrote:
    You'd best speak to UCAS directly about this.

:yes:

Here's their enquiries line: 0870 1122211
    Thank you. By putting my courses on one form I'm effectively only getting one choice as the institutes I wish to apply to only consider you, as I said, on first choice route B. However, by doing the other way I'm getting a fair trial.

It's different in the world of art and design. It's not like academic subjects where ur considered fairly in all selections. It's sometimes a lot more competitive.
    UCAS really iritate me I have to say.

If I were you I'd ring both admissions depts and try and get them to let you apply directly - particularily if it's a transfer you're after.
    Fill your boots mate.
    Good idea.

What's "fill ur boots" mean?
    Ratatat wrote:
    Good idea.

What's "fill ur boots" mean?

Not sure what that means.

Fill your boots roughly equates to a vaguely sarcastic "have a great time".
    If I remember what UCAS told me, your application is sent minus who/where else you applied to, and it isn't in preference order, so they wouldn't even know where else or how many places you apply to.
    If I remember what UCAS told me, your application is sent minus who/where else you applied to, and it isn't in preference order, so they wouldn't even know where else or how many places you apply to.

oh yeah, that's right actually. i remember being told that when i applied. i think it used to be in preference order and then it changed.
    although it could be different for art courses i guess.
    It is different. I know my stuff when I say this, talking from experience and from past lecturers.

It's first choice or nuthin.
    Oh and Thunderstruck, thanks for the encouraging comment. Twat.
    Ratatat wrote:
    It is different. I know my stuff when I say this, talking from experience and from past lecturers.

It's first choice or nuthin.

Well if you know so much then why bother asking in the first place? If its "first choice or nuthin [sic]", then you surely already know the answer to your question.
    Yes but if I'm not allowed to apply via the other method then it's pointless trying, eh?