Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skin care

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What skin care products do you use everyday?

I am using the L'oriel (sp) 3 step one but don't really like it. Nivea is good though.

Comments

• Options
    ive got a facewash from superdrug (with `skintelligence` w00t) and one of their optimum range anti aging skin serum (which is really good) i also use a moisturiser of some sort - i have about 3 and just use whichever i find first.
  • Options
    All my skin-care products are Burt's Bees now, since I got a little gift pack from my sister in law at Christmas and became addicted.

At the moment I use their Garden Tomato Soap and Toner, and the Beeswax moisturiser. Everything they make is divine, though. :heart:

I lurve Fresh Citrus Badger balm, in terms of Body Moisturiser...but it's too hard to find.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i use nivea face wipes and just plain old tesco moiusturiser. i dont find any problem with them, and the ,moisturiser is only like 90p a pot!
  • Options
    I use salon stuff called Natures Way. We do a facial using it at college and I loved it, so I bought it from the wholesalers in my town. Expensive, but so suits my skin :yum:
  • Options
    I use the cheapest face wipes i can find, usually Asdas own which I have to say I think are just as good as the more expensive ones. Sometimes I use Witch Hazel face wash. And then a Nivea moisturiser.
  • Options
    I use just about any old facewipes to remove make-up when I'm too tired/lazy at night with a good moisturiser....

I began to use products from the Dermalogica range after having a facial and I've never looked back! They suss out your skin and give you a "prescription" and lots of samples. However, it's a lot cheaper to buy products from the Beautyflash website as most salons charge a pretty high commission on all their sales.

I have quite tempermental skin, but this stuff tends to calm it down!
  • Options
    I am the same use Dermalogical stuff, my skin started to react with what I was using but I've never looked back, their products are great, and like you say if bought on the Beautyflash website not much more expensive than the stuff I was using previously. and on the website they offer help and free samples its great Got my cousin hooked on their products too!
  • Options
    I buy whatever happens to be on sale. Right clean and clear fills my cubbords. black head facial scrub, astrengent and olay facial lotion
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    olay facial lotion
    Worrying about wrinkles Manda? :p
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Worrying about wrinkles Manda? :p

Wrinkles from smiling too much :p

Its just regular lotion though, no anti wrinklies
  • Options
    estee lauder - i use their foaming face wash, their idealist creamy thing and sometimes their moisturiser :heart: brill stuff....great for sensitive skin (most products are too harsh on mine)
  • Options
    I use Simple face wipes twice a day to remove makeup and moisturise nightly.
    Every other day I exfoliate with St Ives Apricot facial scrub and then dunk my face into ice cold water to tone. Then plaster on Nivea Soft moisturiser.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I massage my skin with jojoba or olive oil then massage it off with a hot flannel. Then moisturise if needed. :)
  • Options
    I use Clinique Foaming Facial Wash. Its loovely.. then Simple Moisturiser and for my lovely little lurker I dab on some tea tree oil. Its going away finally :thumb:

At college we use Dermalogica. Ahhhhh :heart: the Dermal Clay Cleanser..It tingles :hyper:
  • Options
    :eek2: no-one uses soap and water?? i've tried everything but nothing seems to get me feeling fresh like this.. i use either dove, johnson's baby soap or simple, then either oil of ulay (olay..ulay..whatever they're calling it this month) in the pink bottle, nivea or nivea soft...lovely jubbly :D
  • Options
    I use good old H2O....never liked anything else! And it's cheaper :D
  • Options
    pinkvans wrote:
    :eek2: no-one uses soap and water?? i've tried everything but nothing seems to get me feeling fresh like this.. i use either dove, johnson's baby soap or simple, then either oil of ulay (olay..ulay..whatever they're calling it this month) in the pink bottle, nivea or nivea soft...lovely jubbly :D

Normal soap makes my face red and dry, no amount of lotion will help it if I use soap :(
    I even tried the neutrogena facial bar and that made me icky.
  • Options
    I use shower gel if in the shower/bath and Clearisil (sp?) when I wake and when I turn in. I never wash my face with soap unless its Dove or something from Lush.
  • Options
    1: Garniere face wash-great for spots
    2: Johnson's Holiday Skin Face Moisturiser stuff
    3: Evian face wipes for makeup before I go to bed

I used to just use soap and water but it was trashing my skin tbh
    About once a week I use this Simple exfoliator scrub which is nice too :heart:
  • Options
    I use a foaming clean and clear facial wash, and thats it. Soap makes me break out (even Dove) and moisturiser makes my skin feel strange. I sometimes use those acidy cleansers on my blackheads but I've run out of cotton pads.