Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you all do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this has been done before but anyhoo.

What is your job?

I am a trainee legal secretary. Started at begining of October and love it! :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am a content creation Director for a high tech R&D company.
    And I own a web and plato development company.
    I'm Travel Inn scum. I clean rooms for a pitiful £4.25 an hour...
    That and the whole student malarky.
    i'm a full time university student and work part time (6.5 hours a week) as a customer assistant at tesco! (i'm a checkout girl basically). :p

after uni..who knows!
    I'm a paediatric nurse...and unlike a large proportion of the popualtion i actually enjoy my job :yes:
    I'm a web developer and I also like my job.
    I`m just a doctor of chemistry and a project manager for a semiconductor company.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a qualified Greenkeeper, but my was last job involved working as a Telecoms Eng. I am currrently a full time dosser. :(
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I'm a qualified Greenkeeper, but my was last job involved working as a Telecoms Eng. I am currrently a full time dosser. :(

bet you're bored, ain't ya?

i'd make the most of it, as you're going to spend much of the rest of your life in employment!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i am a receptionist as well as being quite possibly the most unstudious student in england. final year student at that! haha
    i'm an online copywriter and i love my job too.

also making moves to being a small-time self-employed dressmaker and all-around profitable craftsperson in my spare time.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    bet you're bored, ain't ya?

i'd make the most of it, as you're going to spend much of the rest of your life in employment!

I am severely bored, and making the most of it by looking for another kob.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm a Health Safety and Environmental Manager for a Chemical Manufacturer.

It's boring sometimes, but can be fun,
    I'm just a retail assistant. But i love my job, that's all that matters : D

Actually i have more knowledge than most know and more than i give myself credit for, I could probably do a lot better for myself, remind me why i am not then ?
    scatty1 wrote:
    I`m just a doctor of chemistry

Oh, is that all? :lol:

I'm a Nursing student, hopefully will eventually become a midwife.

Do a spot of waitressing from time to time, too.
    \
    full time student :D i dont do much work or have a part time job.. so basically im a bum :)

hope to become an art director or set designer in future years
    Third year student nurse and auxiliary nurse

And like snappingcroc, love my job(s)
    I'm in my final year of Uni and also have 3 part-time jobs! One is working as an administration assistant for a recruitment agency, another is mentoring some year 9 students at a local school and the final one is working as a student ambassador for my Uni.
    I am a college student, and since no one wants to employ me (stupid people...) I'm stuck as a babysitter. But it pays £50 a night and she goes to bed as soon as I get there so I won't whine. Especially as they have a huge projector screen and lots of DVDs.
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I am a college student, and since no one wants to employ me (stupid people...) I'm stuck as a babysitter. But it pays £50 a night and she goes to bed as soon as I get there so I won't whine. Especially as they have a huge projector screen and lots of DVDs.

That is very generous! :thumb:
    I'm a college student studying Beauty Therapy.......I NEED A JOB
    I'm an administrator for a Restaurant/cocktail bar, and therefore know every form of alcohol known to man. But that's only to earn money to pay for me to be a filmmaker, since that doesn't pay anything until you get a feature film made (sometimes not even then). And if it turns out I'm crap at that, I'll try and get into TV production (cameraman/D.O.P. preferably) cos thats good fun and pays well. Needs to save money to move away for that though anyway. :grump:
    im a sales centre associate at egg. im here til midnight every shift
    i hate my job.

im a project coordinator for a company that makes bespoke lighting for pubs/clubs/hotels etc..

its so stressful and im looking for a way out ASAP, so if anyone has any opportunities, let me know!
    I'm a secretary, sorry, "administrative assistant" at a pharmacutical distrabution for ltc facilities.
    :yippe:
    briggi wrote:
    Oh, is that all? :lol:
    It`s easy to get a degree these days.....
    After 2 years shelf stacking at Morrisons, i left to study for a degree in English. I had a job in a nightclub for a while but the hours were terrible, especially taking into account new licensing laws, so i quit. In addition to this i used to run a reputable and long established web design company, however lack of an internet connection in my student house means i've had to put this on an indeterminate hiatus. Which is a shame. Sometimes if i get a bit short of money i take on the odd freelance writing or web scripting job though.

So yeah, i'm a full time (ha!) student.

:lol:
    I'm a programme officer for a charity that works with people who are deafblind (thats deaf and blind at the same time) in developing countries.

I kind of like my job but sometimes it gets frustrating - however it does mean i get to travel on monitoring visits regularly which is always a bonus.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am a trainee teacher, and although I am knackered all the time, I love it. Can't wait to get my own class :)
    I'm a full time History student and a university student ambassador part time.