Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

jobcentreplus website

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Decided to have a gander for jobs via jobcentreplus online. It appears that their new look website thinks that Cornwall is within 5 miles of my postcode ... i'm in Edinburgh. Go figure. It appears Edinburgh isnt in Scotland anymore. Well they could have told us that! :p Not just that it also threw up places like Kent, Exeter, Aberdeen and Shropshire.

Seriously though, whats this all about? Their systems are junk, really badly input information and generally shite. How is anyone supposed to find a job through that website if it constanly throws innacurate information at you, when you input the correct information.

Shame that because i liked the new look and ease of the website too.

Someone ( or some people ) should get there arses seriously kicked for this.

ETA: Did another search, this time typing in Edinburgh.. Apparently Livingston [west Lothian] and Gwent count as Edinburgh. I think i should email them and tell them to sort this crap out.

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    The computers in the job centre itself is shite, my flatmate looked for part time local jobs the other day (in Yorkshire) and it recommended a full time Airtraffic Controller 220 miles away at Gatwick Airport. Fucking useless.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah same thing happened to me ages ago. Was searching for jobs in Dundee and was coming up with jobs in London.
    My boyfriend is looking for jobs in Swansea, and it throws up vacancies in Leeds...thats a hell of a daily commute! :lol:
    The same thing happened to me the other day, I thought I had typed in something wrong somewhere down the line, but after about 3 times of redoing it, it was still coming up with Scotland and London when I had used the 5/10 mile search criteria! :impissed: Stupid thing.
    job centre site is great for finding those funny jobs that people lauggh about
    Yeah I got that last week. I was searching for jobs in Birmingham city centre and it come up with cornwall too.
    They are pathetic. When I do a search, I get countless jobs in Avon, Someset & Devon. I hope there's still plenty of jobs when I start uni down in Bristol in September! :p
    Well its a Government IT contract, what the chuff else did you expect?

Actual vacancy inaccuracies are usually down to clueless employers giving dud info though.