Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Walcott to Arsenal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:D Really happy that we've beaten Chelsea to grab this talent. Only 16 and i can see Wenger turning him into a world class player.

:D

Clicky clicky
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Glad Arsenal got him, and beating Chelsea to signing him makes it all the sweeter. Wnger will make him a great player.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Well we couldn't keep him, I just hope we end up getting a little more vonga than 5 million.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    An excellent addition to the squad :D. His head is firmly screwed on by the sound of it so I don't think the pressure will get to him. From what I've seen he reminds me of Michael Owen early in his Liverpool career.

I don't think he's the new Wayne Rooney, a talent like his only comes along once in a blue moon, but he will no doubt be an exceptional player in the future.
  • Options
    thats £12k is going straight into the R.Lowe leisure and self preservation fund i fear :(
  • Options
    EDN1 wrote:
    Glad Arsenal got him, and beating Chelsea to signing him makes it all the sweeter. Wnger will make him a great player.

Didn't Southampton say that they wouldn't even think about letting Chelsea buying him, even for £50million?
  • Options
    Didn't Southampton say that they wouldn't even think about letting Chelsea buying him, even for £50million?

Did they say that? Truth is no club these days can affford to turn down that much money so doubtless they would have accepted any substancial offer from Chelsea or possibly other clubs. He was always going to The Gunners though, sees to have a great affection for them, that and a certain Mr Henry.

I hate how the news say " Signed Walcott for "£12 million " ... no it's onelump sum upfront and further monies after appearances etc. Sorry that just really irritates me :p
  • Options
    Glad young players are finally going to a club where they might get a game, rather than going to Chelsea to be an overpriced bench warmer.
  • Options
    Oh Theo!!

I'm sure I speak for all non-arsenal supporters, in hoping you do as well as the other wonder kid arsenal signed before now. But don't despair Theo, when it does all go wrong, and you only make a handful of appearances. I'm sure you can always follow in the footsteps of the other arsenal wonder kid, Jermaine Pennant, who was such a great talent he was shown the door faster than you can say "pires is a diver". And after a couple of drink driving offences, and a spell of porridge, you too can have an illustrious career at Birmingham.

Hope you and Jermaine have a great time playing in the football league (you wonder kids you ! )
  • Options
    I'm kinda sad that he's left Saints being a Saints fan myself but to be honest, could we really have kept him much longer? I doubt it especially if he's as good as they say he is.

Glad that he went to Arsenal. He would have rotted on the bench at Chelsea which is why I feel sorry for people like Shaun Wright-Phillips who would get into any other first team in the Premiership. Chelsea's tactic of buying up all the best players so no-one else can is good for them but it doesn't exactly nurture talent.
  • Options
    I'm sure I speak for all non-arsenal supporters, in hoping you do as well as the other wonder kid arsenal signed before now.

You mean Cesc Fabregas and Philippe Senderos?

Or do you mean Kolo Toure? Robin van Persie? Thierry Henry?

Oh. You mean someone who was a bad influence and wasn't good enough for the first team:(
  • Options
    Braineater wrote:
    An excellent addition to the squad :D. His head is firmly screwed on by the sound of it so I don't think the pressure will get to him. From what I've seen he reminds me of Michael Owen early in his Liverpool career.

I don't think he's the new Wayne Rooney, a talent like his only comes along once in a blue moon, but he will no doubt be an exceptional player in the future.

I certainly suspect he's going to be Rooney class...this guy is supposed to have it all. It all depends on how he takes the pressure, but i was always of the opinion that pressure only gets to players who actually don't have the talent/potential they're credited with...this seems not to be the case with Walcott who is, by all accounts, the 'real deal'.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    You mean Cesc Fabregas and Philippe Senderos?

Or do you mean Kolo Toure? Robin van Persie? Thierry Henry?

Oh. You mean someone who was a bad influence and wasn't good enough for the first team:(

he must be talking about the last two english players wenger bought, francis jeffers and pennant :lol:
  • Options
    119th minute....hard lines ;) .

Could have done with Walcott tonight, instead of that diving piece of shit Reyes.

Well done to Wigan.

*Hopefully* we'll see you in the final.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    119th minute....hard lines ;) .

Could have done with Walcott tonight, instead of that diving piece of shit Reyes.

Well done to Wigan.

*Hopefully* we'll see you in the final.

I've got no major complaints with our performance, the young lad Kerrea Gilbert was excellent and Hleb was finally showing what he is capable of. Reyes has been stop-start since he joined and it's starting to get frustrating. He embarassed himself. Senderos and Campbell fell asleep once more, a lump of a striker caused them problems once more, Gilberto was anonymous once more. People go on about inexperience but it's the seasoned pro's who have let us down. Story of our season.

Oh and it's Bolton away next. Yay.

All credit to Wigan and Paul Jewell though. It was a good advert for the game.
  • Options
    Was a really good match to watch, how football should be played really. Attacking end to end stuff. Should really have won the game by a fair few goals but well done to Wigans keeper, had a top game.

Don't mention Campbell, annoys me sometimes. Good defender but every now and then he has these games where you get nervous everytime he has the ball, for starters he is absolutely shocking with the ball but i suppose having that big lump Roberts on your back all game doesnt help.

Again another disappointing chapter to our season but all credit to Wigan, they worked so hard and got there reward in the last minute. So i'll be cheering them on in the final.
  • Options
    Imagine if that comes off, eh? A Wigan - Blackburn final. Bye eck, they'll sell some pies at the millenium stadium that day, won't they?
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Was a really good match to watch, how football should be played really. Attacking end to end stuff. Should really have won the game by a fair few goals but well done to Wigans keeper, had a top game.

The fact is, Wigan should have beaten you on the night as well. They had AT LEAST one good penalty turned down. The referee was a total homer. Campbell and Senderos were clumsy donkeys and looked suspect all the time.

Olé, Olé, Olé! Oh No! :lol:

It was very disrespectuful to chant that to a spirited Wigan side. You deserved what you got.
  • Options
    Yup we didn't take our chances and as normal we just tried to be too fancy in front of goal. That cost us plus a good goalie.

Ah well good luck to Wigan, they deserve to win something this year for how they've played.
  • Options
    At least the Arsenal fans have come on and basically said it was a good game of football, we should have really won it but all credit to wigan they've worked there socks off and come out victorious, i respect that. You wouldn't hear any sort of comments from the ManUre faithfull, it'd get blamed on the ref or even the colour of their shirts maybe, a lucky goal, a dodgy decision anything really. Respect to the Arsenal fans :thumb:
  • Options
    At least the Arsenal fans have come on and basically said it was a good game of football, we should have really won it but all credit to wigan they've worked there socks off and come out victorious, i respect that. You wouldn't hear any sort of comments from the ManUre faithfull, it'd get blamed on the ref or even the colour of their shirts maybe, a lucky goal, a dodgy decision anything really. Respect to the Arsenal fans :thumb:

And another thread totally unrelated to United gets a Manchester overcoat. It's pathetic how obsessed you ABUs are with United. :rolleyes:

N.B. Arsenal fan's can't blame the referee when he was quite clearly biased in their favour. :p
  • Options
    even the colour of their shirts maybe

The famous incident where we (Saints) beat them 3-1 and they blamed it on the colour of their shirts. If I remember correctly the very next game at the Dell we beat them 6-3, and not a grey shirt in sight. :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    The famous incident where we (Saints) beat them 3-1 and they blamed it on the colour of their shirts. If I remember correctly the very next game at the Dell we beat them 6-3, and not a grey shirt in sight. :lol:

You always used to beat us at the dell. I never fancied getting the points going there.

I remember that grey shirt. :yuck: My mate had it - he was raging when they dumped it, lol. Never should such a tragedy of a kit be made again. Grey, ffs.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Yep Skive, quite true. I remember the day when Le Tiss absolutely tore us apart. Quality player. Saints went on to win the double that year didn't they?

Oh no, sorry, that was us. ;)
  • Options
    manickev wrote:
    Oh no, sorry, that was us. ;)

Well the relegation battles were always more intresting. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Well the relegation battles were always more intresting. ;)

Not sure about that, I'll consult some of my City fan friends :lol:

I have to agree with you Skive, the grey kit excuse was one of the greatest "worst excuses ever" in footballing history.

On a lighter note, my mate, who is a Macum fan, said at the latest NE derby, that the Newcastle fans were singing:

Going down,
    Going down,
    Going down.

To which the Sunderland fans responded:

So are we,
    So are we,
    So are we.

Sheer class!
  • Options
    Another late goal to puts Arsenal out of another domestic cup, Goshdarnit.

Oh well, entertain yourself with this . :thumb:
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    Oh well, entertain yourself with this . :thumb:

Oh, I won't tire of seeing that in a hurry.

I'm just fucked off that Fat Twat Allardyce and his team of cloggers have won yet again. I thought we'd got rid of that crap when Wimbledon got the relegation they deserved.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Oh, I won't tire of seeing that in a hurry.

One of the moments of the season. Hilarious. I thought Bolton played really well to be fair. There was one passage of play in the first half where Campo and Stelios exchanged about 6 first-time volleyed passes down the right hand side until the latter was flagged offside. Good game and Bolton deserved to win.
  • Options
    I don't think Bolton did deserve to win, but then I don't think they ever deserve to win.

fair play to them, they're effective. But I couldn't bear to watch them, I'd get neckache. Looks like all the Bolton fans couldn't bear to watch them either :lol: