Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Yates bars

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not sure if this should be in Fashion or here - basically in a few weeks time I'm meeting all my old schoolmates for a reunion, and the place is Yates's bar in Reading. Having never been to one of these before, I was wondering what the dress code's like - if i have a choice I won't usually get all dressed up, but I've been on the site and it looks like it's all short skirts and revealing tops....

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yates in Manchester is horrible. Sorry :p But it's full of kids!
    i dont think theres much of a dress code tbh. as long as youre not scruffy.
    Yates in Manchester is horrible. Sorry :p But it's full of kids!

I had a feeling..... I might try and move everyone on after a couple.....
    i guess whatever really, just what you'd wear to a normal pub/club. they might have a no trainer policy though.
    The Yates's here is full of 'children' too... :sour: Most of them wear belts as skirts and have their tits hanging out.... :yuck:

Ilora x
    yates are just like any other town centre bar really. The clientele do tend to dress as Ilora suggests, but that doesnt mean you have to.
    I usually avoid places like that tbh. its not as if the drinks are cheap in there or anything either.
    The Yates in Reading does tend to be full of underage kids most of the time. I've not been there in years but from what I remember, at weekends as long as you aren't 'scruffy' or in trainers you will be fine. There are plenty of better places in Reading to go though. :p
    To be honest, for Yates I would wear a nice pair of jeans with some boots with a pretty top.
    *hellie* wrote:
    The Yates in Reading does tend to be full of underage kids most of the time.
    I loved Yates in Reading when I was 15.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    the yates in cheltenham is just whatever u want to wear as long as it is relatively smart. wear whatever u would normally wear on a night out. have a nice time