Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Comments apprieciated...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well it took me a lot longer than it should have really but ive finally finished (sort of) my website for a college assignment.
Seemed too much efort for it to just go to waste with only one person seeing it (whoever marks it) so here it is:

My tutorial website

p.s - i know theres nothing on the javascript page, i need to get that page from my college account to upload it...

Comments

• Options
    That is an excellent website I really like your menu and the simplicity of the site...I expect you'll get good marks for that!
  • Options
    http://www.freewebs.com/iceytimmi/basics.html doesnt display properly (well, in firefox atleast) the text is slightly too far left and is under the menu. actually, it's the same for all pages & in IE tab too (so I presume IE... just checked, the same in IE).

(background & "how to... make your own website" title dont work in firefox either, but that doesnt really matter.)

other than that, good lay out & looks like good content :thumb: (didnt get to read most of it mind)
  • Options
    Hmm... Nice and simple design :). Two things though...

1. The 'Forms' button doesn't change when highlighted.
    2. Why have the content in that nasty little scrollbox? It's a pain, I have to scroll my browser window sideways to get to the scrollbar.

I'm running Firefox 1.5, so it may be that these aren't evident in IE?
  • Options
    oh oh.. i never tested in firefox and it works fine for me in ie.
    I also didnt think about screen resolutions, joy!
    Well cheers for the comments but it is too late to do anything about them tonight and its got to be in tommorrow morning lol, nm.
    I should be ok i'll just throw something on the front page that says to view in ie then im covered :p

I didnt expect to get any comments this quickly but muchos gracios (many thanks?)
  • Options
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freewebs.com%2Ficeytimmi%2Fhome2.html

Handy website to find where your HTML isn't quite as it should be ;).
  • Options
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freewebs.com%2Ficeytimmi%2Fhome2.html

Handy website to find where your HTML isn't quite as it should be ;).

that does look very useful, just a pity most of it went straight over my head lol, i'll just have to grab my teacher to have a look tommorrow and see what she says, she'll be marking it so if she likes then i wont have to worry :D
  • Options
    i hope you have a counter ...
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    I also didnt think about screen resolutions, joy!

ah yes! it must be the resolution, I'm running at 1280 * 960 if it's any help

don't worry about the firefox compatibility, it doesnt loose any functionality.

it's just he text being under the menue means you cant read it :p

it's great apart from that though!
  • Options
    i hope you have a counter ...

hmm..might just have to
    will be interesting to see how many hits i get...
  • Options
    HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language; HTTP stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol.

PHP/FI used to stand for Personal Home Pages/Forms Interface
  • Options
    the frames are misaligned in firefox relative to the rest of the text but other than that yeah not bad at all
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Well it took me a lot longer than it should have really but ive finally finished (sort of) my website for a college assignment.
    Seemed too much efort for it to just go to waste with only one person seeing it (whoever marks it) so here it is:

My tutorial website

p.s - i know theres nothing on the javascript page, i need to get that page from my college account to upload it...
    This is really impressive. It looks really professional. I don't know anything much about IT so you could be making it up but I found it really interesting to read. Also I never knew what .gif etc was until I read that.
  • Options
    A website that tells you how to build websites? Hmm interesting.

I think I'm going to build a website that tells you how to build a website that shows you how to build websites.
  • Options
    Like it :thumb:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    turlough wrote:
    A website that tells you how to build websites? Hmm interesting.

I think I'm going to build a website that tells you how to build a website that shows you how to build websites.

Go for it!
  • Options
    decent site that man!! congrats. i like it lots
  • Options
    very stylish :cool: