Home Health & Wellbeing
Group Chat may be taking place on the boards this evening while we swat some bugs with our software. Head to this thread for the latest information on what's happening, and what to do if Group Chat doesn't go ahead. Thanks for being patient while things are a bit uncertain. :)
Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated subforum .

dress for a wedding - opinions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do people think of this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5463434519&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm going to a wedding in July and I've been told I have to wear a dress.
I NEVER wear dresses and the last time I went to a wedding I was 6.

Is it suitable? Nice? Smart enough? Any suggestions?

It's also a size too small so I'd have to lose weight but I'm trying to do that anyway.

I'm useless at this kind of thing. I live in jeans and t-shirts :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    blurgh.

guess it might be one of those things that looks better on than off? :confused:

you might be better going to a shop then you can try before you buy.
    Don't want to spend much on something I probably wont wear again.
    I'm going to go have a look closer to the time. Was just wondering because it's only £4 inc. P&P :p
    i quite like it. Thats the sort of thing id probably wear to a wedding. not too floral or pastelly but still smart and at least its a dress yet will still show your personality a bit.
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Don't want to spend much on something I probably wont wear again.
    I'm going to go have a look closer to the time. Was just wondering because it's only £4 inc. P&P :p

is there possibly a reason for the low price? ;)

maybe get a trouser/skirt suit or something if you don't fancy a dress? anyway i'm sure you'll be invited to more than 1 wedding in the next few years.
    i think its nice for a summer wedding actually... definitely smart enough with the right shoes and bag.
    when i went to a wedding this summer i got the most gorgeous outfit from Coast but if you dont want to spend a lot then that wouldnt be a good place for you to go.
    to be honest, i think most dresses would be ok for a wedding in july as long as theyre not stupidly short..
    is there possibly a reason for the low price? ;)

maybe get a trouser/skirt suit or something if you don't fancy a dress? anyway i'm sure you'll be invited to more than 1 wedding in the next few years.

Heh, probably :p

I've been told to wear a dress for the very reason I never wear one. It seems like a novelty for people to see me in a dress/skirt. Last time I wore a skirt I got all the "OMG! You have legs?" comments...
    i would have said that the reason for the low price is that its a 2nd hand dress with no designer label. That wouldnt be a problem for me, in fact thats a good thing because youre less likely to get into a bidding war, therefore get a good bargain, but then again, the auction hasnt finished yet so dont count your chickens.
    I like that dress (at least from what I can tell from the picture)
  • BunnieBunnie TheSite's sweetie pie Posts: 6,099
    its a nice dress but team it with a wrap and pretty shoes.
    I'm going to bid for it.
    If it turns out horrible or I can't fit into it by July then my mam will put it back on ebay and resell it.
    I think its cute. Nice and light, perfefct for a wedding,.