Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

charity night

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am organising an event as part of my course. I decided that in order for people to be more supportive and take more interest, i would raise money for charity.
But i dont know which one to do and there are so many yet i dont know where to look to find out who does what for who!!
ANy one know of a site that just has a big long list...?

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey there - sounds like a great idea. Here's an A-Z list of UK charities including local and national ones oh yeah and don't forget there's always YouthNet - home of TheSite.org :p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the organisation i work for funds thousands of charitys (including youthnet) so it depends on what purpose u want to give it for, i could help u out there x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i guess it'd be a charity that's close to your heart, that means something to you. for example my nan has had cancer for a while now so i'm grateful for all the help she's been given and may donate to cancer research uk (or something like that) or maybe the hospital where she's being treated. at my grandma's funeral recently they had a collection to raise money for the GP surgery who helped her and continue to help my grandad. i quite admire the work of http://www.whenyouwishuponastar.org.uk/ too.