Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Foundation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What foundation do you use? I am thinking of switchng brand, I currently use a foundation by avon, and would like some suggestions on ones to try. Price is no objection.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I recommend mine to virtually everyone I meet, I love it so much - it's Prescriptive's Traceless. It is a bit of a hefty 22 quid but so worth it - it lasts me ages and it's a great texture. It's really light (i hate feeling like I'm wearing makeup) and lets your skin breathe, but also gives you some coverage. I wouldn't recommend it if you have bad skin, but if you just want something to even out skin tone and give you a bit of a glow, it's perfect.
    I'd recommend one by bourjois, they have a new one out in boots that looks quite good. I've got a happy tint one or something (I think it's called) and it cost me about £8 - has lasted ages. Liz Collinge used to do a good foundation but think the brand has been discontinued.
    \
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I love Benefit Playsticks, they give light but good coverage , sooo easy to put on, blends beautifully, are cream to powder, and have chamomile and tea tree in them to soothe and prevent spots. I just couldn't imagine going back to liquid foundation after using them.
    i really like maybellines mousse foundation. Its the best one ive tried and its only about £6.
    i dont use foundation that much but when i do i use one from Rimmel.
    I wear MAC foundation. Can't remember how much it was I think it was around £18. I do love it though :love:

Ilora x
    I wear Rimmel Lasting Finish. It was only about a fiver, but I really like it. Again, I don't wear make-up for work or anything, just when I'm going out.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i like any of the no7 range, but i think i might now be trying maybelline!
    ^I find I'm allergic to a lot of the No7 range - and I don't usually react to anything...

Ilora x
    I wear make up to work and when I got out. Do people use a seperate foundation for both work and going out? Also forgot to mention that I have combined skin so some bits are oily.
    LadyJade wrote:
    I love Benefit Playsticks, they give light but good coverage , sooo easy to put on, blends beautifully, are cream to powder, and have chamomile and tea tree in them to soothe and prevent spots. I just couldn't imagine going back to liquid foundation after using them.

ooh I love them too!
    It also makes me smile when I read the shade- 'spin the bottle'!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    i went to buy the maybelline mousse yesterday and altho i panicked after i put in on, it looks good now...although as im typing my face feels like its getting tight! :confused:
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i went to buy the maybelline mousse yesterday and altho i panicked after i put in on, it looks good now...although as im typing my face feels like its getting tight! :confused:

mine felt like that when I used it - it didn't suit me at all. loads of people at college like it though, I'm like the odd one out :(
    Eughh I hate the mousse one, it's really thick and even the lightest tone is very orangey. It looks obvious in daylight on me.
    At the moment I use maxfactor flawless perfection and it seems very good. Have paid alot for expensive ones in the past but haven't found them any better.
    I looke dorange too. Gave it to my five year old step sister. She finds it brilliant that she can dress up 'just like a big lady'... but she's paler than me so she resembles a young Kat Slater...
    for daytime i use revlon one-step, it goes on as creme and sets into a powder, and quicker to put on than liquid foundation

for night i use liquid one, its loreal air wear... i used to use loreal translucide but it was discontinued :grump: im so annoyed cos it was sooooooo good...

i also have combination skin and i find the two i use quite good. and theyre not too heavy either.
    Pink Soda wrote:
    Eughh I hate the mousse one, it's really thick and even the lightest tone is very orangey.

same. i don't even have crazy pale skin, either. i'm more of a lightish to medium colour and the lightest shade in any of maybelline's foundations is way too orangey.

i got some benefit non-fiction foundation for christmas, which is ok, and i'll use, but i don't think it's worth the money.

i like bourjois happy light foundation. it's pretty cheap, goes on nicely and lasts.
    kaffrin wrote:

i like bourjois happy light foundation. it's pretty cheap, goes on nicely and lasts.

yeh that's what i use, think i got the name wrong in my original post! oops.
    kaffrin wrote:
    i got some benefit non-fiction foundation for christmas, which is ok, and i'll use, but i don't think it's worth the money.

Yeah i got some of that recently. It's ok but I only really use it when I go out at night, or use it sparingly during the day. Yeah it wasnt really worth the money.
    I want to try the L'oreal Infallable one.
    Haha, who are these people that wear two types of foundation for day or night?

Isn't that a pain in the arse?
    1983 wrote:
    Haha, who are these people that wear two types of foundation for day or night?

Isn't that a pain in the arse?

Yeah, and whats the point? Your skin tone/apperance surley can't chang that mucn in a 12 hour period :/
    Just tend to use the rimmel liquid one.
    my_name wrote:
    Yeah, and whats the point? Your skin tone/apperance surley can't chang that mucn in a 12 hour period :/

I agree, too much effort. If I were to do that, I'd need to take ALLLLLL my make up off and do it again. That's a mission. :|

Ooh, btw I use Maybelline Wonder Finish liquid foundation. :) Lasts around 6 hours, then you just need to powder. :)
    lea_uk wrote:
    I want to try the L'oreal Infallable one.
    ive got that 0ne too. Its my 2nd favourite after the mousse one. its pretty good for a liquid one. texture is good, coverage is good and it looks natural.
    i love the mousse one - if it's making you orange you aren't choosing the right colour!
    i tend to go really red in the cold/when i've have a bit to drink and the mousse one covers it so well and isn't heavy at all and i love the way it makes my skin feel

also as i'm a pale gal it takes the grey tone out of my skin so i look healthy for a change!
    i use no7 liquid foundation.
    ive got that 0ne too. Its my 2nd favourite after the mousse one. its pretty good for a liquid one. texture is good, coverage is good and it looks natural.

How long does it last? I've been contemplating that one.