Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dress for a wedding - opinions?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do people think of this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5463434519&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm going to a wedding in July and I've been told I have to wear a dress.
I NEVER wear dresses and the last time I went to a wedding I was 6.

Is it suitable? Nice? Smart enough? Any suggestions?

It's also a size too small so I'd have to lose weight but I'm trying to do that anyway.

I'm useless at this kind of thing. I live in jeans and t-shirts :p

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    blurgh.

guess it might be one of those things that looks better on than off? :confused:

you might be better going to a shop then you can try before you buy.
    Don't want to spend much on something I probably wont wear again.
    I'm going to go have a look closer to the time. Was just wondering because it's only £4 inc. P&P :p
    i quite like it. Thats the sort of thing id probably wear to a wedding. not too floral or pastelly but still smart and at least its a dress yet will still show your personality a bit.
    Lolzabeth wrote:
    Don't want to spend much on something I probably wont wear again.
    I'm going to go have a look closer to the time. Was just wondering because it's only £4 inc. P&P :p

is there possibly a reason for the low price? ;)

maybe get a trouser/skirt suit or something if you don't fancy a dress? anyway i'm sure you'll be invited to more than 1 wedding in the next few years.
    i think its nice for a summer wedding actually... definitely smart enough with the right shoes and bag.
    when i went to a wedding this summer i got the most gorgeous outfit from Coast but if you dont want to spend a lot then that wouldnt be a good place for you to go.
    to be honest, i think most dresses would be ok for a wedding in july as long as theyre not stupidly short..
    is there possibly a reason for the low price? ;)

maybe get a trouser/skirt suit or something if you don't fancy a dress? anyway i'm sure you'll be invited to more than 1 wedding in the next few years.

Heh, probably :p

I've been told to wear a dress for the very reason I never wear one. It seems like a novelty for people to see me in a dress/skirt. Last time I wore a skirt I got all the "OMG! You have legs?" comments...
    i would have said that the reason for the low price is that its a 2nd hand dress with no designer label. That wouldnt be a problem for me, in fact thats a good thing because youre less likely to get into a bidding war, therefore get a good bargain, but then again, the auction hasnt finished yet so dont count your chickens.
    I like that dress (at least from what I can tell from the picture)
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    its a nice dress but team it with a wrap and pretty shoes.
    I'm going to bid for it.
    If it turns out horrible or I can't fit into it by July then my mam will put it back on ebay and resell it.
    I think its cute. Nice and light, perfefct for a wedding,.