Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'self made' man reckons men and women life parallel lives

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article340232.ece

odd story, only way of finding out i suppose

Comments

• Options
    Wow. So we're all bitches? :(
  • Options
    obvious.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Well, I am not supprised. Interesting it was a Woman who stated it. Go her!
  • Options
    Of course men have it hard, so do women. I think most feminists will not deny that.
  • Options
    Men have difficulties too. They may rule society, but everybody has problems!
  • Options
    Not quite sure what her point is.

The reason why men don't voice feelings ain't because of women. And the reason why quiet men can end up ignored is just one of those things- men will go for a quiet woman as she's possibly an easier catch.

Interesting, but nowt new.
  • Options
    jackoneel wrote:
    Men have difficulties too. They may rule society, but everybody has problems!

that was a quick banning!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

The reason why men don't voice feelings ain't because of women. And the reason why quiet men can end up ignored is just one of those things- men will go for a quiet woman as she's possibly an easier catch.
    Me neither, looks like a stab at feminism... Ya know, don't complain because you get touched up by men when working behind a bar, they have it hard too.
  • Options
    that was a quick banning!

a bit harsh too, he probably meant it in jest, cuz thats how i read it.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    O_o wrote:
    Probably monocrat, that's why.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:

Interesting, but nowt new.

It's partly to do with women...a highly emotional man who cries openly, gets upset easily will put off a lot of women...vulnerability in man generally isn't seen an attractive quality...whereas a man is instinctually drawn to vulnerability in the opposite sex...it's evolutionary.
  • Options
    O_o wrote:

It's a statement of fact, so i don't quite see why he was banned...
  • Options
    He wasn't banned for that comment. He was banned because he's a permanently banned ex-poster (and one with serious fucking issues by the looks of it) who keeps returning time after time and trolling about.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    It's partly to do with women...a highly emotional man who cries openly, gets upset easily will put off a lot of women...vulnerability in man generally isn't seen an attractive quality...whereas a man is instinctually drawn to vulnerability in the opposite sex...it's evolutionary.
    Is it?

Maybe you're attracted to vulnerable women, but not all men are. Most guys I know like confidence in a woman, confidence is seen as sexy.

And a lot of women don't like macho hard ass emotional men, a lot of us like the ones who you can cuddle with and talk about something other than farting and football.

And to be fair, I think anybody who gets upset and cries that easily has baggage. A lot of people who aren't co-dependent don't tnd to want that.
  • Options
    Is it?

Maybe you're attracted to vulnerable women, but not all men are. Most guys I know like confidence in a woman, confidence is seen as sexy.

Vulnerability is attractive to a lot of men. It's protective instinct clearly rooted in evolution. Confidence in a woman is also good. Female confidence = good sex and also serves evolutionary purpose.
    And a lot of women don't like macho hard ass emotional men, a lot of us like the ones who you can cuddle with and talk about something other than farting and football.

And to be fair, I think anybody who gets upset and cries that easily has baggage. A lot of people who aren't co-dependent don't tnd to want that.

Being a "macho hard ass" doesn't preclude an emotional side too you know. A balance can be struck.
  • Options
    my home is a sports free one ...always has been.
    n one of us are interested in watching people run about sweating.
  • Options
    Is it?

confident but not overpowering, more like a continual battle and making up after :blush: