Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just wondering....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does the pill make you put on weight?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not a women, but from what I heard depending on the hormones in there you can either gain some or lose some...
  • Options
    yes it can do. it does with me.
  • Options
    It all depends on the person. I"ve been on the shot, and 2 different kinds of pills. ALl of them had the side effect of possible weight gain. I didn't gain an ounce. As with all possible side effects, it varies with each body. One, however, made me emotional as hell. Would have taken weight gain over that experience.
  • Options
    xxkatexx wrote:
    does the pill make you put on weight?
    in some it does, in others it doesn't.
  • Options
    I know one of the possible side effects is an increase in appitite which could lead to you putting on wieght
  • Options
    depends on which pill and which person..
    1 pill i went on, i gained 10kg in 3 months! :grump:
    but others i had no problem, so it just depends.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Im my experience yes
  • Options
    i lost weight, but my boobs grew yay!
  • Options
    x~*Nat*~x wrote:
    i lost weight, but my boobs grew yay!

Which pill was that, I wish my boobs would grow a bit I'm only a 34B, but my boyfriend says he loves them anyway.
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    Which pill was that, I wish my boobs would grow a bit I'm only a 34B, but my boyfriend says he loves them anyway.

When I went on estrostep my boobs grew, from a slightly baggy 36b to a very full 36b, i was satisfied enough, any growing is good :p
  • Options
    it did with me i put on a stone with it so i came off it and it took me a full year to lose the weight it put on :banghead:
  • Options
    what pill were you all on when you gained weight. i just started microgynon 30 a couple of days ago and have heard from friends that it is the worst one for making you put on weight
  • Options
    im on that one and it hasnt made me put on any weight at all. but as people have said, it depends on the individual.
  • Options
    xxkatexx wrote:
    what pill were you all on when you gained weight. i just started microgynon 30 a couple of days ago and have heard from friends that it is the worst one for making you put on weight

yeah im on this, like i said made me lose weight, went from a 8/10 in jeans and trousers to a 6/8, quite annoying as i couldnt wear my old jeans lol but havnt put it back on so iv had to get rid of em all lol and my boobs grew a cup size aswel :thumb: chuffed lol
  • Options
    I put on a stone and a dress size, but hey thats life :p Although i don't know if the pill is entirely to blame it seems a bit unfair of me to blame it without any proof or anything, it could just be that my metabolism naturally changed, or something.
  • Options
    yes it can. depends on the person though. some do, some don't. i have got a bit of chub that i didn't have before but i shouldn't use the pill as an excuse and get my arse down the gym really!
  • Options
    it was some sort of min pill ostergyn or something like that i think kate.i wouldnt go on it again anyway